Oh good grief!

I guess we found out who will be the first lol. What a bummer for you haha. Will you special order or grab one off the lot? I doubt any haggling will able to be done.
If I have to cough up that much cash, it better be exactly what the wife wants. So we'll order it. She's going to be buried in it. And you're right, there's probably no haggling involved here. That's going to hurt, a bunch.

I am sooo hosed here. I told her no three times on the JKU, and still ended up with it. Hopefully, the JLR will suck and I won't have to deal with it.

It probably runs on stripper glitter and craft beer to boot.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I don't know if sales guys get the same benefits as guys who work in the plants, but there is a Chrysler friends and family discount that employees can get for you. One of my buddies' father retired from Chrysler, and he's offered it to me a couple time when I start talking about a new ram truck.

Reactions: StG58
Don't know about you but I never buy the first year of a new model till they work/sort out all the bugs and recalls.

^^this X2

They can do all the research and development they want but when they hit the streets is when they find the bugs.

Talking with the wife on the phone tonight. She wants to go and test drive a new JLR.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that?!

That's how we ended up with her red JKU.

I only have a few words to say to this....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :D

I guess we found out who will be the first lol. What a bummer for you haha. Will you special order or grab one off the lot? I doubt any haggling will able to be done.
I don't know if sales guys get the same benefits as guys who work in the plants, but there is a Chrysler friends and family discount that employees can get for you. One of my buddies' father retired from Chrysler, and he's offered it to me a couple time when I start talking about a new ram truck.

It is highly likely that dealers will not haggle with each buyer. But there is a tried and true method to leverage them.

The JK enthusiast started doing what is called, “group buys.” They approach several Jeep dealers with the promise that that will purchase x amount of JK’s. They may get up to 20 people to pirchase. Dealers will then offer them deals. Some deals as low as ~2-5% under invoice or more. This gives the dealer ~20 sales in a short period of time. The dealer is also going to get good publicity on the Jk forums and sale more.

This is one of the best ways to get the best deal on a new Jeep. Several JK forum’s members started doing this and it works.

I’m certain the JL will follow suit being the subject of more than a few group buys.

Talking with the wife on the phone tonight. She wants to go and test drive a new JLR.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that?!

That's how we ended up with her red JKU.

One of you must have deep pockets... either that or a sizable down payment! Tell her not to let her car own her... she should own her car instead.

It is highly likely that dealers will not haggle with each buyer. But there is a tried and true method to leverage them.

The JK enthusiast started doing what is called, “group buys.” They approach several Jeep dealers with the promise that that will purchase x amount of JK’s. They may get up to 20 people to pirchase. Dealers will then offer them deals. Some deals as low as ~2-5% under invoice or more. This gives the dealer ~20 sales in a short period of time. The dealer is also going to get good publicity on the Jk forums and sale more.

This is one of the best ways to get the best deal on a new Jeep. Several JK forum’s members started doing this and it works.

I’m certain the JL will follow suit being the subject of more than a few group buys.

The friends and family thing I'm referring too is sort of an employee discount. Its not haggling, you show the dealer the coupon, and they drop the price. They bill the "loss" back to Chrysler.