Oh, so I'll never actually say of my TJ: Done

Mine is unfortunately 'done' unless I win the lottery lol. Repairs yes, significant upgrades are not very likely. It at least works ok as-is for the trails I enjoy. At 72 I probably don't have but another 20 years of offroading left in me so it'll have to do as is. :cool:
72! Makes me feel like a kid at 67...😂...

Reactions: WLDRIDE
I keep saying I have mine done. Unfortunately, something breaks, resulting in an upgrade. The latest was an issue with the stock steering box. Now, there's a PSC kit sitting in the garage. To make myself feel better I've moved on, saying the new target is done done. 😵

Reactions: Fonz54 and WLDRIDE
Mine is unfortunately 'done' unless I win the lottery lol. Repairs yes, significant upgrades are not very likely. It at least works ok as-is for the trails I enjoy. At 72 I probably don't have but another 20 years of offroading left in me so it'll have to do as is. 😊

Ever think about writing a book or something Jerry? I'll be straight up with you, I click on every single thread that you and @mrblaine reply to. I've wandered the car culture landscape for 25 years now dipping my toes in a lot of different places and I can't recall having come across two people so understated who know so damn much about their enthusiast corner.

Im happy with where mine is at. I'd like to get the gearing and front axle done, then a few repairs (torque box, better hood cut). I'd also like to redo some wiring. Any big projects are done though

I've said my red LJ is just about done after working on it now for over 2 years, but recently I had an idea which would mean that it's so so so far from being done. We'll have to see how that idea pans out.

Mine is unfortunately 'done' unless I win the lottery lol. Repairs yes, significant upgrades are not very likely. It at least works ok as-is for the trails I enjoy. At 72 I probably don't have but another 20 years of offroading left in me so it'll have to do as is. 😊

Geez. Seeing how much can be done in a few years (or 8 weeks in the case of OPs), imagine how much you could do in 20+ years. Internet forums barely started 20 years ago (least in popularity and common place).

I still have several things on my list. No different than the boat, bike, golf cart, jet ski, etc. I need a shop, big enough for all of it.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
I've found with our boat that when you say "it's done" you'll be nagged forever knowing it's not really done. So I've stopped saying "done". It would only be done if it's not mine anymore.