Oh, so I'll never actually say of my TJ: Done

Done , ha. We are all just getting started .

Let me add something..don't tell her it's done either ...makes it hard to explain the brown delivery truck in the drive once a week.

Done is a state of mind . It is good to be satisfied ...but even that can be temporary when you see one forest Jade green cooler with bigger tires.

You can say whatever you want , but large tires make the aftermarket world go round . They generate millions of dollars to accommodate them and also to undo the damage they can create.

Big tires . Bigger tires . New wheels , heavier axles , Dana 60's ....

As a pastor , you know "the love of money is the root of all evil..." That likely meant the money needed to buy big tires in Hebrew if translated correctly.

You are only at the very dawn of realization , entering a dark and seedy world that smells of gear oil, headed down a path which few have ever returned sane and lucid.

This forum is the gate to the world.
And we typically never even close the gate .....

We even let the dogs out.

Be wary my friend , and keep your credit card number handy. You are gonna need it bad.

Last edited:
Just be careful with the rabbit hole. For me it ended up being close to 60k before I realized I had lost my mind, haha.
This makes me feel much better about my addiction. I'm into mine for considerably less than 1/2 this and I've managed to pay for all my parts by buying Jeeps and parts, then fixing and/or flipping them. Of course, as my wife reminds me, I'm not counting my time! :(

Reactions: WLDRIDE and jazngab
Never say done nor finished. But, as I'm keeping "Blue" relatively stock, I'm getting into the just fixing what breaks mode. O' course, if in the process of fixing things, I can upgrade them a bit, I'll do that.

Like the bluetooth in the stereo went out. So, time to put in a new headunit and upgrading it to a better unit while I'm at it. And since I'm in there anyways, I've upgraded the front speakers to better match the ones I put in the rear sound pods.

Then there's muffler that's splitting because of terminal cancer. And as no one seems to make stock type placement cat back setups for an LJ anymore, I'm probably going to go with what I can find and cobble together without it being overly loud.

And Blue had new stock size 30x9.50R15 Firestone ATs on her when I got her, once those are worn out, I'm figuring on going with some metric 265/70R15 (closest to stock size) as there seems to be a better selection in metrics than in the inch sizes.

Never done or finished, but trying to keep things under control.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
Then there's muffler that's splitting because of terminal cancer. And as no one seems to make stock type placement cat back setups for an LJ anymore, I'm probably going to go with what I can find and cobble together without it being overly loud.

Years ago I picked up a like new factory exhaust that someone had pulled off their LJ when going taftermarket. I just recently installed installed it and was so happy I held onto it. All the aftermarket systems I saw, and heard, we to loud. Unlike my TJ, I didn't want to listen to the exhaust sound!

This makes me feel much better about my addiction. I'm into mine for considerably less than 1/2 this and I've managed to pay for all my parts by buying Jeeps and parts, then fixing and/or flipping them. Of course, as my wife reminds me, I'm not counting my time! :(

Buy her a set of $50,000 teeth, then she'll get off your back ;)

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
My wheel'n friend is the most fanatical Jeep owner I know.....think he said he's got over 13K in his Jeep.
Just last month he did Atlas TC and trusses.

Currie Antirock was last thing I did well over a year ago.

I've owned this thing only 8 weeks and I can already tell that there will never be a time when it is all exactly the way I want it and everything is working like it should. Haha! But that's part of the fun, right?!?
My first Jeep, an M38 in 1974, and every other Jeep got sold before I was finished. I've had this TJR 8 years and it has had 33s, 35s, 2" lift, 4" lift, HighLine, now no lift, pizza cutters, LEDs, winches (more than I can remember), Hardtop, softtop, bikini top, ipod, cds, cassettes, even an 8-track in a Honcho....

I think that is why I buy Wranglers etc, they are the best hot rod ever.

I still want a Curry Anti Rock and a flat belly. My wife says when my own tummy is flat I can do it to my TJ.

Buy her a set of $50,000 teeth, then she'll get off your back ;)

:ROFLMAO:
Holy smokes. The amount you’ve spent just on teeth and Jeeps, I need to start my own website too. “TJwranglerforum.com” coming soon....just bought the domain.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Holy smokes. The amount you’ve spent just on teeth and Jeeps, I need to start my own website too. “TJwranglerforum.com” coming soon....just bought the domain.

Make no mistake... I'm still paying for those teeth, and will be for quite a while.

It wasn't something we did because she wanted to, we had to do it because she had no choice. Either get her teeth replaced or lose them altogether.

I just like to throw it in her face (in a nice a way) once in a while, just incase she likes to give me crap about my car hobby, haha!

Reactions: WLDRIDE and jazngab