Oil filter size discrepancy

I just did my 2nd oil change and as someone mentioned earlier, yes the whole filter itself may be bigger but the rubber gasket is about the same size. The smaller filters gasket is less than an 1/8" diameter smaller than the larger filter so it doesn't make much of a difference. The larger filter just doesn't look right when its installed but all's good.

View attachment 303468
Nother, Cheapo It will work but don't go 7500+ mi better to go 3000 mi. at best

The same thing happened to me. I pulled off my old oil filter and it was a 3 inch instead of a 4 inch diameter. It had a Parts Master 61348 on it. The Fram recommendation was PH 16, but that was way too big. I cross referenced the Parts Master 61348 with K&N and it showed the K&N HP 1002 was the cross match. I would love to know what happened there and why it is the smaller oil filter. Does anyone know?

Small Filter Gang. I put a K&N 1002 on my TJ as Well. Someone in here let me know if I’m messing up my Jeep.

The same thing happened to me. I pulled off my old oil filter and it was a 3 inch instead of a 4 inch diameter. It had a Parts Master 61348 on it. The Fram recommendation was PH 16, but that was way too big. I cross referenced the Parts Master 61348 with K&N and it showed the K&N HP 1002 was the cross match. I would love to know what happened there and why it is the smaller oil filter. Does anyone know?

Small Filter Gang! I also put use K&M 1002’s. Y’all let me know if I’m messing up my Jeep.

I use the motorcraft FL -1A oil filter on my 97 4.0l don't know if it calls for it but that's what I've been using for as long as I can remember , think it's bigger than normal one