Oil pan gasket, changed twice still leaking

I donā€™t know about you, but my old one was leaking pretty bad! šŸ˜

I did mine like the pic, and I offset it even a hair more than that. That way, if oil gets past the seam where the seal halves meet, it runs into a wall of metal rather than flowing through the seam where metal meets.

View attachment 179313

Okay, so i imagined your words correctly.
See, the thing with that is once bearing cap is torqued, everything will become flush.
Even if upper seal is offset to allow lower offset, i dont think that lower will slide in there without getting cut. In mine, i have to use something as a guide into upper, otherwise it will cut the outer edge of the seal.

Skeptical, but curious, in the end im the one who is leaking here after redoing it twice already šŸ˜

Okay, so i imagined your words correctly.
See, the thing with that is once bearing cap is torqued, everything will become flush.
Even if upper seal is offset to allow lower offset, i dont think that lower will slide in there without getting cut. In mine, i have to use something as a guide into upper, otherwise it will cut the outer edge of the seal.

Skeptical, but curious, in the end im the one who is leaking here after redoing it twice already šŸ˜
You ever get this thing to seal up?

Iā€™m in the same boat - OPG #2 went on and still a problemā€¦

You ever get this thing to seal up?

Iā€™m in the same boat - OPG #2 went on and still a problemā€¦
I am trying to think back at wtf was going on in my head when I posted this, all i can think of is redoing rear main seal 3 times in the row, Florida tropical heat, taste of oil dropping on my face and endless amount of dirt in my eyes. Few screws in my head may have went loose.

Keeping opg gasket in place was truly pain in the ass, but I managed to keep it from sliding off and seat it right. I am still leaking from rear area, and 99.9% sure it is still main seal. I also remember fighting with valve cover, and seeing how much leaking it can produce.
Question is, where exactly are you having problem?

Ahh and mosquitoes, yes forgot about those sucking me dry while under the Jeep...because when everything sucks why not add a little bit more shit in the cereal.

I am trying to think back at wtf was going on in my head when I posted this, all i can think of is redoing rear main seal 3 times in the row, Florida tropical heat, taste of oil dropping on my face and endless amount of dirt in my eyes. Few screws in my head may have went loose.

Keeping opg gasket in place was truly pain in the ass, but I managed to keep it from sliding off and seat it right. I am still leaking from rear area, and 99.9% sure it is still main seal. I also remember fighting with valve cover, and seeing how much leaking it can produce.
Question is, where exactly are you having problem?

Ahh and mosquitoes, yes forgot about those sucking me dry while under the Jeep...because when everything sucks why not add a little bit more shit in the cereal.
Most oil pan gaskets come with a set of plastic guides/retainers that hold the OPG in place, and pretty much makes the procedure a cake job.
Did you use any RTV in the corners by the rear bearing cap?
When you did the RMS did you apply a dab of sealer to the lower bearing cap mating surface before reinstalling?
A cheap leak detector kit can be a valuable tool when it comes to narrowing down a leak.
Wash the rear of the engine down with brake clean or engine degreaser, add a bottle of dye to the engine oil
run it to operating temp and start looking for the leak.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/MASTERCOOL/?tag=wranglerorg-20