Oil Pressure Gauge Always Reads Zero

Peskyfurball

Okay so to start from the beginning I bought a 2001 jeep Tj and it always had oiling issues but one day the gauge dropped to 0 and never went back up so I rebuilt the motor in hopes to fix it and the gauge still reads 0. I have replaced the sending unit and still nothing, I use a manual gauge and oil pressure is fine but the dash still sits at 0. checked for voltage on the pins at the pig tail connector and pin one which is power is at .10 volts believe it is supposed to be 5v and pin 2 which the pressure sensor signal is also reading .10v I tried grounding the pins and the only one that moved the gauge was on pin one which is power and all the gauges dropped to 0 and didn’t read key in the ignition also PIN number one also looks bent maybe that’s the answer??? am almost ready to get her back on the dirt but can’t figure this out for the life of me any ideas???

105894E3-770F-4210-9DC1-0A7351152EE4.jpg

F4BC42B5-032C-42C5-9D37-0ABA7B4DF842.jpg

8652B6CA-67B7-4CD8-969A-14B21D90373A.gif

S121 is the splice near injector 4. Have you checked the ground wire (black/light blue) to the PCM?

Pin 1 should read 5v when the connector is unplugged and the key is on. If it doesnt read 5v, thats a problem. S123 splices that same 5v to other components. If the other components have 5v, that tells you the issue is betwen S123 and the oil pressure sensor connector.

Pin 1 should read 5v when the connector is unplugged and the key is on. If it doesnt read 5v, thats a problem. S123 splices that same 5v to other components. If the other components have 5v, that tells you the issue is betwen S123 and the oil pressure sensor connector.
So should I splice a new wire from the pcm back to the sending unit?

Did you check the FSM to see what other components get 5v from S123? do those components have 5v?

Does the Speedo work? 5v from the PCM goes to the oil pressure sensor and the vehicle speed sensor.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.50.07 AM.png

Are you talking ab the ground directly across the block from injector #4?
OK so a little update I ended up replacing the connector because the bent pin and that didn’t really do much apparently both connector one and two are getting 5 V I just wasn’t checking it with the key on run, and gauge still has 0 response to anything I do... so do you think it is the ground or the gauge because the gauge will activate when you turn it on like where move up to the bottom dot saying 0 pressure but goes nowhere beyond that, also sorry first real electrical project appreciate the feedbacks

If you unplug the sensor and start it does the gauge act dead or does it also go to 0?

so you have 5v on pin 1, have you confirmed you have a good ground at pin 3? Test light would be ideal.

what pressure sensor did you use?

Okay so to start from the beginning I bought a 2001 jeep Tj and it always had oiling issues but one day the gauge dropped to 0 and never went back up so I rebuilt the motor in hopes to fix it and the gauge still reads 0. I have replaced the sending unit and still nothing, I use a manual gauge and oil pressure is fine but the dash still sits at 0. checked for voltage on the pins at the pig tail connector and pin one which is power is at .10 volts believe it is supposed to be 5v and pin 2 which the pressure sensor signal is also reading .10v I tried grounding the pins and the only one that moved the gauge was on pin one which is power and all the gauges dropped to 0 and didn’t read key in the ignition also PIN number one also looks bent maybe that’s the answer??? am almost ready to get her back on the dirt but can’t figure this out for the life of me any ideas???
Following, I’m having the same issue on my 01 TJ, it’s recently been rebuilt also

Following, I’m having the same issue on my 01 TJ, it’s recently been rebuilt also
You replaced your oil pressure sender already? Did you use a Mopar and not a store brand? Store brand sensors have a terrible reputation for not working or not working correctly. It took 3 store-brand sensors one Sunday before I got one that worked properly. I wouldn't have even tried a store brand sensor but it was Sunday (dealer parts dept. not open) and it was for my son's car.

Had same problem0 oil.psi, replaced oil sender and same thing, first sender from Amazon and 2nd from auto zone and still 0 psi, can't have two bad senders, so I found problem, I saw wire harness wrapped in a knot so I untangle harness wores and I think the problem was the plug connector as I have to leave the red slide pin out and just push connector plug in tight, this should be fine leaving red slider lock pin out as the connector has a snap tab, oil psi is now reading just above 40 psi.