Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Ok, time for lets argue about your favorite shocks

Jmac00

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
what brand of shocks do you prefer?

My Tj has Rancho RS7000 on it, and its in desperate need of new shocks, and it needs all new body mount parts. All the rubber body mounts are dried out.

So is there a better shock out there? And should I switch from rubber body mounts to polyurethane?

L J

Ranchos aren't real
Supporting Member
Last edited:

AMS417

"The Ayatollah of rock and rolla"
Supporting Member
I’ve had the Rancho 5000X, Bilstein 5100, and Fox 2.0. The Rancho rides the best on road. The Bilstein and Fox where both better at rough roads / off-road.

Reactions: JMT

imahnu

Unorthodox
Supporting Member
what brand of shocks do you prefer?

My Tj has Rancho RS7000 on it, and its in desperate need of new shocks, and it needs all new body mount parts. All the rubber body mounts are dried out.

So is there a better shock out there? And should I switch from rubber body mounts to polyurethane?
To this point, the rancho 5000x’s have been my favorite hands down. Biggest differentiator in a good ride in my experience. That being said I’m about to give the skyjacker blackmax shocks a try and we will see if they are better than the rancho’s.

I’ve had Bilstein, RC, Rancho and OME shocks.

SSTJ

Inexperienced Overthinker
Supporting Member
If you do a little digging, there are several lengthy threads on here (all fairly recent) comparing TJ shocks.

rasband

Chris is a pussy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Once I get them tuned, Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoirs - because you can get them tuned to whatever style you like.

Reactions: CMBD

erokj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I personally have the Rancho RS5000X with a 2.5" lift and 1.25" body lift and they ride well.

I don't see the point on spending tons of money on fox 2.0s unless you outboard and plan on 12" of travel.

Reactions: dbbd1

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
I'll be the odd man out and say Kings are the best shock. Maybe not the most practical but definitely one of the best off-road shocks in the business. I don't hear much about them on here but I plan to put some under mine.
They are fine. Ask your tuner about them.

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p

dbbd1

go away...
Supporting Member
I personally have the Rancho RS5000X with a 2.5" lift and 1.25" body lift and they ride well.

I don't see the point on spending tons of money on fox 2.0s unless you outboard and plan on 12" of travel.
Do you know the part numbers of the shocks that you have?