Ok, what are you cooking?

Been lots of spaghetti and tacos and casseroles and crockpot stuff

Reactions: mushdogs
So that camp chef can sear something up pretty good? I don't really do steaks much anymore and get by just fine w/ my pellet smoker & propane grill, but when I do want a steak I like a nice crust. It'd be good if I could do it outside and not smoke up the house.
yes the larger camp chef or even a larger Blackstone will certainly crust off any meat...and they do so much more. should have bought one years ago.

Reactions: qslim
The wife smoked some chicken on the offset smoker yesterday and made some cornbread, now I’ll see if I can get her to do a brisket since she is off of work and my job is essential at the moment.

5BE51184-0409-4ED4-A43B-F401A04CD2F8.jpeg

is it the same stone as you would use in an oven? I would love to try that.
Yea. If u make ur own crust it’s really the only way to get a good crisp on it. Also try using a lodge cast iron pan. I usually put a light coat of butter on the pan then put the crust in. It’s a good deep dish option.
I find that adding some corn meal to the bottom of the crust makes it a lot easier to transfer the pizza from the peel to the stone. I usually put the stone on the grill and get it hot then put the pizza onto it.

Last edited:
Yea. If u make ur own crust it’s really the only way to get a good crisp on it. Also try using a lodge cast iron pan. I usually put a light coat of butter on the pan then put the crust in. It’s a good deep dish option.
I find that adding some corn meal to the bottom of the crust makes it a lot easier to transfer the pizza from the peel to the stone. I usually put the stone on the grill and get it hot then put the pizza onto it.

Instead of corn meal, next time try adding New York signature style ( Panko bread Crumbs ) to the bottom & crust

1585799852460.png
1585800385301.png

Last edited:
Instead of corn meal, next time try adding New York signature style ( Panko bread Crumbs ) to the bottom & crust

View attachment 149989View attachment 149992
Nice we had a local place here in St. James (NY) that had a great crunch to his crust and we always assumed it was corn meal, but Panko makes much ore sense...can't wait to try that on my next pizza at home - thx(y)

Baked some sourdough hamburger buns. Threw a pound and a half of fat burger in the smoker with hickory and apple for 20 mins, then on the grill. Topped them with pepper jack, sautéed onion and bacon. Shoestring potatoes with chipotle ketchup on the side.
5A115BA7-CC49-47CF-B04D-B9AA9AE20A5A.jpeg
72B4F6BC-2D9C-4DAF-B23D-64A5BC019FDF.jpeg
16D10A2B-B7C4-4DEE-B313-1EC6B1EB6FC9.jpeg

My wife made her grandmother's shrimp casserole. It was fucking terrible. I had gross shrimp burps for about 18 hours and the house still smells. I'm not even going to post a pic because I can't bear to look at the leftovers in the tupperware.