Oklahoma Oklahoma members

Bigmac

Rather be in 29 palms.
Supporting Member
@Chris I'm not sure but I think there's somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 total site members in Oklahoma...

could you drop their user names in here?

I've already reached out to @freedom_in_4low

Big change coming from Socal / Johnson Valley area to this desolate and lonely offroading wasteland...

Don't know how active, but @Okcpuckfan is in the same town as I am. I've only lived here since mid June so I also haven't been wheeling or connected with anybody to wheel with yet. It's a big shock to go from being 30 minutes from decent (taxpayer funded) trails to having a minimum 2 hour run on the interstate to find some rocks to pay to drive over.

Reactions: Okcpuckfan
As far as wheeling in the state, I'm aware of:

Twin mountains offroad park in Quinton, Ok
Camp gruber in Muskogee
Robbers cave state park near Wilburton/McAlester
Crossbar ranch in Davis (site of ultra4 nationals, as you know)

I haven't been to any of these yet, and will likely wait until October when it isn't so dang hot. At the very least I need to get my new skid plate on so I can set angles and put my front driveshaft back in, and my south facing 105 degree garage and having covid aren't very motivating.

Reactions: PRNDL
soutth facing 105 degree garage and having covid aren't very motivating.
swore to God after 29 palms Id never live in another house that faced to the west...

here I am with the garage door halfway down again... staring directly into the sun...

to go from being 30 minutes from decent (taxpayer funded) trails to having a minimum 2 hour run on the interstate to find some rocks to pay to drive over.
this-wedding-is-horse-shit.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
As far as wheeling in the state, I'm aware of:

Twin mountains offroad park in Quinton, Ok
Camp gruber in Muskogee
Robbers cave state park near Wilburton/McAlester
Crossbar ranch in Davis (site of ultra4 nationals, as you know)

I haven't been to any of these yet, and will likely wait until October when it isn't so dang hot. At the very least I need to get my new skid plate on so I can set angles and put my front driveshaft back in, and my south facing 105 degree garage and having covid aren't very motivating.
Idk about Twin Mountains, but have been to all the others, plus Disney, Green Acres and Rugged Mountain Ranch. The last two are real deal! RMR is regarded as one of the most difficult parks in the nation, and Green Acres, they say if you have 37s, you better have a winch. Last visit to Green Acres, my two friends and I were the only 3 jeeps on the property, the buggy guys were pissed lol

Ima look up Twin Mountain, always looking for new places. Headed to wolf caves next month, I'll report back

Part 1 of a 3 part series

I just met OkcPuckFan today, good guy!

Y'all have any questions about Oklas wheeling, hit me up

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigmac
Idk about Twin Mountains, but have been to all the others, plus Disney, Green Acres and Rugged Mountain Ranch. The last two are real deal! RMR is regarded as one of the most difficult parks in the nation, and Green Acres, they say if you have 37s, you better have a winch. Last visit to Green Acres, my two friends and I were the only 3 jeeps on the property, the buggy guys were pissed lol

Ima look up Twin Mountain, always looking for new places. Headed to wolf caves next month, I'll report back

Thanks for the info! Im im the middle of a full on house renovation but once that's done I hope to have the time to get out to all these places.

you gonna be at the ultra 4 nationals at crossbar?

It doesn't look like twin mountain is very well known. All they seem to have is a facebook page, which is actually just a facebook group. Don't know if they're just really new or what. I'd want to know more before I made the drive, it's 3+ hours away from me but it's close to robbers cave.

I think maybe I'll plot these places on a mapping software like google earth and then put range rings around them with approximate hours of driving. Include some of the places just across the border too.

Like!!

Hot springs ORV
Byrd's adventure center in Cass
SMORR in Mo

are also worth the trips. Rush Springs Ranch was ok. If y'all have any specific questions about terrain or anything else I'll be happy to share any info I have.

Not an off road adventure, but talimena drive, usually in Nov when the leaves turn is a must do. Watch it closely though, a day can literally make a difference.

Last edited:

Here's a taste of Clayton, Green Acres.

I love this place, you'll either learn to winch or learn to drive

Here's a taste of Clayton, Green Acres.

I love this place, you'll either learn to winch or learn to drive
Sick! Real rock crawling in Oklahoma, 4 hrs from me? stoked.

what's the best time of year (minimal mud, greater than 50* less than 75*)?

Oct, Nov Mar, Apr, maybe May,,,maybe Dec, Jan Feb too Lol, never know bout oklas weather

45min west is RMR, Rugged Mountain Ranch, Burris Valkey, the first vid. Its also very real!

Post in here when y'all plan on going, I'm always down to get on some rocks!

Last edited:
Good to see a bunch of us from Oklahoma here! Anyone have any recs for basic offroading in the broader vicinity of OKC? I'm pretty new to this - have gone with friends in their jeeps before but just got my own TJ a month or two ago - just trying to get the hang of things a bit better and see what the jeep can do!

Good to see a bunch of us from Oklahoma here! Anyone have any recs for basic offroading in the broader vicinity of OKC? I'm pretty new to this - have gone with friends in their jeeps before but just got my own TJ a month or two ago - just trying to get the hang of things a bit better and see what the jeep can do!
I'm kinda in the same boat. I grew up here (Norman and Edmond) but moved away in 2006, got into Jeeps while I was gone and just moved back this summer.

I'm aware of the well known places but it would be nice to know of something close by to go mess around.