Old Jeep (LJ), new modder

davelkim

Supporting Member
Hey everyone I'm Dave,

Had the LJ for a few years now but never really had the desire (or wallet power) to spend more than maintenance on the car. Big boy job pays a lot better now than 5 years ago though.
Well after letting my father drive the thing for a year and a half, it seems like most of the maintenance needed after he ran through it means I have room for upgrades!
I already got new shocks/springs (Rancho/HR) after rowing through threads and scanning for Jerry Bransford responses wherever I went, and I got a fresh Quadratec order headed my way right now for some odds and ends. Should have emailed about the forum discount, but all good, next time.
Currently trying to figure out a leak on the drivers side and my car went into limp mode the other day. (I think the trans overheated possibly from stop and go traffic and 99 degree weather.) But I'm working on it!
I'll add some photos when I can, but thanks to all the members here asking and answering questions every day. Search is my best friend, thanks!
2004 LJ Auto

Reactions: Chris and TJ4Jim
Best Jeep ever made, obviously I'm biased. Good luck with the transmission issue, check those codes. You can just flick the ignition key on and off three times, leave it on the third and it'll show the codes on the odometer.
that just blew my mind.... wow thank you haha!
I have an OBD2 reader on the way that I just might have to cancel....... I thought that it was one of those things that would just be nice to have for ~$40 instead of driving to Autozone.