Has anyone experienced issues with older tires?

My spare is old enough that my local tire shop refused to reseat it on the wheel. Its problem is it won't stay seated well enough to hold air for more than a couple weeks. I'm going to try to find another used or barely used tire at mrblaine's when I head up there soon, otherwise I'm just going to have him unseat it and then seal it using a liquid tire bead sealer.

5 years for me. My life is worth more than a set of tires. They usually don’t last that long anyways.

Ran some 10 year old tires at one point. In the span of about a year all four lost the valve stem at speed. Got rid of it because of transmission issues, but yeah, 10 year old tires are dicey.

Just changed mine, tire fitter said they were a discontinued line at least 5 years ago they looked ok to me but once the tread gauge was used 2 out of the 4 were illegal and 1 barely legal which goes to show they may still look good but if they dont have wear markers its hard to tell on some A/Ts compared to car tires. He advised me to keep the best as spare and get rid of the original factory spare because although it looked new it had been sitting on the back for 14 years and would be unreliable by now because of its age.
Now I need to clean the ally part of the Graphite Ecco,s up where all the weights were, My new tires only needed one small weight each. seems like PO had second hand tires put on at some stage unless he went for a re balance a few times?

With stock its easy to buy second hand cheap as just about everyone goes to 31,s or 35,s as soon as they get a TJ, personally I have never put second hand tires on any vehicle, twice when I was a lot younger I had to take out finance to have new tires lol