Old Town Road?

jjvw

useless stäff member
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It's the song of the summer and cross cultural togetherness!

I'll keep this simple. Yee-haw or nah-bitch?

I'm something of a redneck hippy. And this will probably piss off all the modern country music fans.

So a gay black man on the country charts? I say Yee-Hah! Makes me laugh my ass off. They really crashed the party on this one. Time to be a little more inclusive. Not to mention I just never got into modern country. Sounds more like pop music to me. Than country. Old Town Road is more of an old country song with a strong melody and a modern twist. I actually think it falls someplace closer to old country than modern country. And I like that better than modern country. But that's just me.

Give me Waylon Jennings or Johnny Cash. Both were rebels in their time. And had their own share of stigma they had to rise up against. This gay black kid comes along and crashes the top of the charts. Country rebels and tries to have him removed. It's a breath of fresh air. In a genre that has gone a bit stale over the last few decades imho. If you told country music fans in the 1950's that country would sound like it does today. They'd freak out. This is just another step in another direction for country music. Love it or hate it. Charlie Pride is proud as hell. ;)

It made number one (I think) on the country charts. But then they removed it. But then they put it back on the charts. It's been a huge crossover hit.

And yes. That's Billy Ray Cyrus with Lil Nas X.

Reactions: DrDmoney

What the fuck... wow... that's horrible.

How is this country music? Or is that what they are calling it.

Sheesh... don't mean to offend anyone who likes it, but that's just awful :LOL: (to me at least)

I’ll stick with my Willie, Waylon, Hank, Buck Owens, and other stuff like that ;)

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
I don’t really like much country or rap, but for whatever reason I like this song. And the video is a lot of fun too.

Put me down as a yee-haw.

I'm happy it exists. It's an easy song to like. Both pop rap and pop country (pop music in general) are stuck in really bad places right now and OTR combines them well. The two genres have far more in common than many want to admit. Hopefully the popularity of this idea can lead to more interesting things in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: fooey
I have to admit, I like this song. LOL I like all types of music. So yah, I like some rap, some country, rock and so on. Funny thing is, I too don't care for to much of the "New" country. I like Hank, Willie, and Waylon a lot better. But this song is just so catchy to me. LOL I also like this one.....

This was a "GitUpChallenge" video. Now I have to say, I think the guy in the video kind of helped on how I felt about the song. If I was just about 25 years younger!!! LOL :D

NOPE, I’ll pass! I’ll stick with the older country like George Strait or some Texas country artist. Give me some Cody Johnson, Randy Roger’s Band, etc, but that’s just me.

This still isn't as bad as that trash that @Twopoint posted in that thread a few weeks ago with the white girl rapping about Jeeps with her baby in her arms.

Holy fucking shit was that awful. That's the sort of shit they probably play in Gitmo to drive the prisoners crazy.

This still isn't as bad as that trash that @Twopoint posted in that thread a few weeks ago with the white girl rapping about Jeeps with her baby in her arms.

Holy fucking shit was that awful. That's the sort of shit they probably play in Gitmo to drive the prisoners crazy.

Fucking Jeep Gang.
I really like old town road and every time I think “Fucking billy ray cyrus”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris