Olympic 4X4 Supply no longer selling used parts! Closing shop?

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
I just got off the phone with the owner of Olympic 4X4 Supply in Snohomish, Washington, and what he had to say shocked me. The last day that Olympic 4X4 will sell used parts will be December 29th, 2018. That's it! They have been 33 years at that location, and 5 years elsewhere. So after 38 years, Tom is retiring. He said that if they don't move to another location (smaller) next year, then he'll just close down for good. He says it's a tough decision, but he's old, and ready.

So, while this absolutely sucks for us local guys, it also removes another resource for those willing to have parts shipped to them. This place is (was) huge, with parts everywhere. It will truly be a loss for the Jeep community. I know @ac_ and I will need to drink a few in their honor...

So, here's something to point out. As of now, everything used is 50% off! It's a first come, first served situation. What they have is all they'll ever have. And just so you know, they are completely out of D44s for the TJs. I already asked.

I'm truly saddened by this news. It came as quite a shock. I need to pour over my TJ and see if there's anything I can see that I might want to get while the getting's good. This was such an invaluable resource for me, literally 15 minutes away. Wow...

Here's their phone number, for anyone who's interested: 1-360-568-7728

Take care,
Squatch

I just got off the phone with the owner of Olympic 4X4 Supply in Snohomish, Washington, and what he had to say shocked me. The last day that Olympic 4X4 will sell used parts will be December 29th, 2018. That's it! They have been 33 years at that location, and 5 years elsewhere. So after 38 years, Tom is retiring. He said that if they don't move to another location (smaller) next year, then he'll just close down for good. He says it's a tough decision, but he's old, and ready.

So, while this absolutely sucks for us local guys, it also removes another resource for those willing to have parts shipped to them. This place is (was) huge, with parts everywhere. It will truly be a loss for the Jeep community. I know @ac_ and I will need to drink a few in their honor...

So, here's something to point out. As of now, everything used is 50% off! It's a first come, first served situation. What they have is all they'll ever have. And just so you know, they are completely out of D44s for the TJs. I already asked.

I'm truly saddened by this news. It came as quite a shock. I need to pour over my TJ and see if there's anything I can see that I might want to get while the getting's good. This was such an invaluable resource for me, literally 15 minutes away. Wow...

Here's their phone number, for anyone who's interested: 1-360-568-7728

Take care,
Squatch

WTF!!
yeah we will! That is sad. No kids to pass it down too? They were great, All of the money I spent there I should have stock in that place.

Sad to hear, they were full service, they built new parts sold used parts, and repaired vehicles and fabrication. They were a one stop shop, and I absolutely loved their location. Neat little down along the river!

I will miss them! BTW I think @bobthetj03 bought a fabbed rear bumper from them, I hope it didn't come with a lifetime warranty haha.

Reactions: Squatch
WTF!!
yeah we will! That is sad. No kids to pass it down too? They were great, All of the money I spent there I should have stock in that place.

Sad to hear, they were full service, they built new parts sold used parts, and repaired vehicles and fabrication. They were a one stop shop, and I absolutely loved their location. Neat little down along the river!

I will miss them! BTW I think @bobthetj03 bought a fabbed rear bumper from them, I hope it didn't come with a lifetime warranty haha.

I think @bobthetj03's is from https://www.olympic4x4products.com which I'm guessing is a separate company?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it, though? My dream was always to own a wrecking yard, albeit one that dealt pretty exclusively in vintage tin. Of course, that was before I got involved with the TJ...

It sure would. I could totally get behind something like that!

Reactions: ac_
So, I'm curious about something. When it comes to frames, isn't there a difference in them with certain years? I mean, isn't there a year where the mounting points for the steering box, for example, changed? I ask because Olympic has what is supposed to be a very solid frame (had the 4.0 in it) for half-price. I'm thinking of looking at it Saturday morning. I believe he said it's an '01, whereas my TJ is a '98. Any other differences I should be aware of?

Man it"s always hard to see old businesses like this close shop, esp one catering to older generation Jeeps.

@Squatch do you know if they have PCMs that they will sell? I'll give them a call tomorrow, wouldn't be a bad idea too buy a spare PCM.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
Man it"s always hard to see old businesses like this close shop, esp one catering to older generation Jeeps.

@Squatch do you know if they have PCMs that they will sell? I'll give them a call tomorrow, wouldn't be a bad idea too buy a spare PCM.
Couldn't tell ya, Chief. But I will say this...if you set it up with them to buy one, I would gladly retrieve it for you. It would appear that time is of the essence, here...

Couldn't tell ya, Chief. But I will say this...if you set it up with them to buy one, I would gladly retrieve it for you. It would appear that time is of the essence, here...

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate that. I'll call them tomorrow morning and find out.

So, I found the answer regarding my frame interchange question. There's a brief thread somewhere in the forum that states that the '97-'02 is basically the same (with early '97 having a slight inconsequential difference), while the '03-'06 has a different steering box mounting pattern. I think I'll take a look at that frame they have, as if I recall correctly, it was an '01, and had the 4.0 in it at one time.

Reactions: ac_
So, I found the answer regarding my frame interchange question. There's a brief thread somewhere in the forum that states that the '97-'02 is basically the same (with early '97 having a slight inconsequential difference), while the '03-'06 has a different steering box mounting pattern. I think I'll take a look at that frame they have, as if I recall correctly, it was an '01, and had the 4.0 in it at one time.

Nice followup, Are you going to do a frame job? I always wanted to do a frame up resto. It would be cool if you could get the frame for half price then go get it powder coated, and put it up on jack stands and start building on it.

If you do, take tons of pictures and brag!

My frame appears to be solid enough...no visible rust holes, no heavy external rust, and no soft spots. Rap anywhere along the frame, and it has the same solid ring to it (hard to explain, but it's indicative of the same thickness of metal throughout). However, I know there is some scale rust within. I've pulled some out. I can pick up the frame for $375, plus tax, but first need to see the condition for myself. Going to check it out tomorrow. Never intended to carry it this far. Seriously thinking of selling off some of my other projects to focus more on the TJ. My wife would be happy about regaining the real estate, I'm sure.