OME 2.5” lift or 2” lift?

That's pretty much the look I'm going for. Did you have to add any adjustable track bars or any track bar brackets. What about sway bar links? Are they still the stock ones

You wouldn't necessarily have to replace all that if you don't mind the axles being off centered slightly. However, I did replace all of that, except I didn't need a track bar bracket. It all came in the OME Ultimate kit I bought from DPG Offroad. I didn't use the body lift or motor mount lift. I was thinking of holding them until one day I may regear and go to 33's, but now I'm thinking I'll leaving it how it is.

The other parts that came in the kit were:
JKS front track bar - OGS126
JKS rear track bar - OGS151
JKS front sway bar quicker disconnects - 2001
JKS rear adj sway bar links - 2942

If you're interested in the JKS parts, they have PDF files on their website for all their parts that cover installation, if you want to just look over them.

I did cut a section out where the track bar mounts to the axle so it didn't hit the track bar when drooping that side.

IMG_5047.JPG

IMG_5050.JPG

This is SOOOO true!

I switched from my initial Pro Comp 2" spring lift kit to the OME 2"HD lift and didnt gain squat with the HD version. In fact, I may have loss some...

I do carry alot of weight (bumpers, armor, winch, etc) of the vehicle, but thought I would have got more out of OME's HD kit over a Pro Comp....

The rear springs also ride stiffer, when the vehicle is empty of cargo.

Anyone wanna buy a OME 2" HD Spring Lift Kit?
Still for sale?

• Face Palm
Reactions: UKTJ
I put OME springs on have been was sorely disappointed in the lift. My rig is the lightest it could be - soft top/door halves, no winch, stock front bumper, no rear seat and I still only got 1.5" lift. Since I am running 33s I had to add a 1 inch spacer on top of the 10mm spacer to get the 2.5" I need. Really cheesy. Mine are the Light duty OME springs. Now I am think about a winch and regretting it even more.
The ride seems OK. Probably the same as stock. I was running Rancho shocks and they were so harsh I hated to drive it around town. So I changed to Fox Shocks and it is much more tolerable. Not sure how the spring affect the ride but the Fox/OME light springs combo works.
I'd rather have all spring and no spacers though.

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
I put OME springs on have been was sorely disappointed in the lift. My rig is the lightest it could be - soft top/door halves, no winch, stock front bumper, no rear seat and I still only got 1.5" lift. Since I am running 33s I had to add a 1 inch spacer on top of the 10mm spacer to get the 2.5" I need. Really cheesy. Mine are the Light duty OME springs. Now I am think about a winch and regretting it even more.
The ride seems OK. Probably the same as stock. I was running Rancho shocks and they were so harsh I hated to drive it around town. So I changed to Fox Shocks and it is much more tolerable. Not sure how the spring affect the ride but the Fox/OME light springs combo works.
That is a puzzler, the more usual complaint is too much lift in the rear giving too much rake.

This is part of the reason why I did not end up with an OME lift. Too much effort to get it right with 3 different options. I think they even have one spring that is slightly longer intended for the front driver. I did not need that stress.

This is part of the reason why I did not end up with an OME lift. Too much effort to get it right with 3 different options. I think they even have one spring that is slightly longer intended for the front driver. I did not need that stress.

That's because the TJ is heavier on one side, and engine torque will wear the passenger rear spring more than the others. The OME setup results in a level TJ. Many other kits don't, and you'll either just ignore it or deal with the stress of adding spacers here and there until it works.

Reactions: primetime4
What are the OME spring numbers?

I'm thinking back to when I had 2933 and 2942 and I ended up with the springs + 10mm spacer, + 1.5" aluminum spacer and I was at 3.4". If I'm doing the math right, that put my springs at 1.51", which is what you're getting now. Granted, I did have a hardtop, a rear seat, an aftermarket front and rear bumpers, sliders, and a winch, so that is a difference.

I think this is why if I started all over again I'd just go straight to the 4" Rockjock coil springs. In your case you could properly run 33's on that amount of spring lift. You'd just need all the other mods to support.

Sorry it didn't turn out for you. You'll get it fixed.

It actually works well. Other than having two sets of spacers, the height is just right for 33s and the seat height is just high enough that I can still get in without a step. The 33s don't rub even with the sway bar disconnected. For overlanding I like it a lot. The fox shocks seem to absorb bumps more than resist them so It makes for a much better ride although with the added height it is still more tippy than stock.

Reactions: JMT
What are the OME spring numbers?

I'm thinking back to when I had 2933 and 2942 and I ended up with the springs + 10mm spacer, + 1.5" aluminum spacer and I was at 3.4". If I'm doing the math right, that put my springs at 1.51", which is what you're getting now. Granted, I did have a hardtop, a rear seat, an aftermarket front and rear bumpers, sliders, and a winch, so that is a difference.

I think this is why if I started all over again I'd just go straight to the 4" Rockjock coil springs. In your case you could properly run 33's on that amount of spring lift. You'd just need all the other mods to support.

Sorry it didn't turn out for you. You'll get it fixed.
As highlighted on the spring and shock resources thread there is very little difference in the lift given by the 2941 and 2942 - unless the info in the tables is wrong. But the respective spring rates and free lengths don't equate to a 1.5" lift for a light TJ. IIRC the stock spring has an 8" installed length. To give a 1.5" lift that would mean the 2941 is compressing by c.6" (15.53-9.5), with a spring rate of 140lbs per inch that implies an unsprung weight per rear corner of about 840lbs (6x140). That doesn't sound light to me.

@jjvw may have a view, he is a a spring guru.

As highlighted on the spring and shock resources thread there is very little difference in the lift given by the 2941 and 2942 - unless the info in the tables is wrong. But the respective spring rates and free lengths don't equate to a 1.5" lift for a light TJ. IIRC the stock spring has an 8" installed length. To give a 1.5" lift that would mean the 2941 is compressing by c.6" (15.53-9.5), with a spring rate of 140lbs per inch that implies an unsprung weight per rear corner of about 840lbs (6x140). That doesn't sound light to me.

840lbs sprung weight X 4 =3,360. Then add your unsprung weight including axles, wheels, tires and your talking about a realistic TJ weight. My TJ’s stock weight is about 3,350lbs. I’m currently at 4,115 with a hardtop.

What Rancho springs were you running? The 5000 series are known to be harsh. The 5000X is a different story. What Fox shocks?

Springs don’t affect ride quality. That’s what shocks and tire pressure do.

840lbs sprung weight X 4 =3,360. Then add your unsprung weight including axles, wheels, tires and your talking about a realistic TJ weight. My TJ’s stock weight is about 3,350lbs. I’m currently at 4,115 with a hardtop.
Yes, but...
...My rig is the lightest it could be - soft top/door halves, no winch, stock front bumper, no rear seat and I still only got 1.5" lift...
So presumably stock weight or even less.

Yes, but...

So presumably stock weight or even less.
Who knows? It sounds more realistic to ask him to weigh his rig. If it’s sub 3,500lbs, then spring shot peening could be bad. 🤷‍♂️

If the rates are the same, but the free lengths are different, then the ride height will be different.

If 3350lbs is stock weight then I would work on that as a start point.
Then you need to subtract the weights of the tires, wheels, axles, and half the weight of the links, springs and shocks to arrive at the spring weight. Specifically the corner sprung weight.