OME 2" or 2.5" springs, which to buy?

WallyWest

TJ Addict
I've read all sorts of stuff on this forum and other sites, still confused. These are the part #'s I'm considering.

Rear springs
2941 - light duty - 15.35" unloaded length - 140 lbs/inch spring rate - 2.5" lift
2942 - heavy duty - 14.96" unloaded length - 160 lbs/inch spring rate - 2" lift

I'm currently running a hardtop, but nothing else unusual in the rear. And I don't run a rear seat. I'm in PA, so plan is to only run hard top in the winter, I have a soft top as well. Kinda confused as to why the heavy duty springs are shorter. I know, not by much, but shouldn't they just be the same with the higher spring rate making up for extra weight?

I'm leaning towards the 2942. With the hardtop I'm assuming it will be fine, and if the ride is too high/firm with the soft top I can just throw some weight in the back while I'm using it. Seems easier to deal with a too stiff spring than to get stuck with one that's too soft, at least for part of the year. The spring rates don't seem so far apart that one would be WAY stiffer than the other anyway.

Front springs.
2932 - light duty - 18.9" unloaded length - 140 lbs/inch spring rate - 2" lift
2933 - heavy duty - 19.49" unloaded length - 140 lbs/inch spring rate - 2.5" lift

Here length is the only difference, so it seems to make sense to run whatever matches the rear, in terms of lift. I hear of people using 2932 and 2941, and putting spacers up front. Just run the 2933 instead, no spacers. Unless my info is wrong on the spring rate, but I cross checked several different websites and they all listed the same specs.

I have the 4.0 engine, so those springs are the right ones I believe. Bone stock right now, but an aftermarket bumper/winch is a possibility in the future.

I'm thinking heavy duty all the way around, and with the soft top it should be pretty level front to back. But yeah, just not sure which way to go. And are there other options from OME that I've overlooked? Will be pairing them with the stock length Rancho RS5000x shocks, if that matters.

Both the 941's and the 942 springs are 2" springs. OME sells 10mm spacers to get the advertised 2.5" of lift. I have the 933/942 combo on my TJ, no back seat and minimalist rear bumper and mine sits just about level. Adding a winch up front didn't change the height much at all. I also run a hard top in the winter and soft top in the summer.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...ciqMFx0QmxmwJSS7UDUCP_TtmO9VW4fBoCuNgQAvD_BwE

I seem to recall @Chris suggested in a previous thread to use the 933/942 combo. I am interested in finding out the answer to shock question - can the 2" Springs be paired with stock length RS5000X shocks.

Cool, thx guys. I'm going to order the 942/933 then.

can the 2" Springs be paired with stock length RS5000X shocks.

Well I hope so. Everything I've read says the Ranchos tend to be a bit long, and unless you're going above 3" lift just use the stock length shocks. Usually called 0 - 2" lift.