OME lift

Hhouse54

Question for you guys..
I’m in the middle of my lift install and have the front springs installed OME 2933’s with 3/4 spacer. I regretfully didn’t measure anything before I started. Once I put the wheels and tires back on and set it on the ground it seems way taller then the advertised 2.5” even with the 3/4 spacer. My hub to fender measures 23.5” my tires are 31x10,5 for reference.
Does this seem/look normal? TIA

8DAE9BD7-A796-4E84-8BF6-929BB3EC8DC8.jpeg

Measure the springs plus spacer. Front stock springs are 12", rear are 8". Whatever the new setup measures over that is the amount of lift you wound up with.

I have the same lift and am closer to 2.75" because my TJ is light (soft top, no back seat, stock bumpers and no winch). Also keep in mind that most tires don't really measure up to what they say, especially with the weight of the jeep on them.

Measure the springs plus spacer. Front stock springs are 12", rear are 8". Whatever the new setup measures over that is the amount of lift you wound up with.

I have the same lift and am closer to 2.75" because my TJ is light (soft top, no back seat, stock bumpers and no winch). Also keep in mind that most tires don't really measure up to what they say, especially with the weight of the jeep on them.
I’m measuring 16.5” with springs and spacers and 17” including the factory isolators! That means it’s over 4” of lift? Something seems off

I'd install the rear lift and see where you're at from there. For clarification which .75" spacer are you using? There are some spacers that are advertised as .75" but really give 1.25" if you don't take out the factory isolator. Could be part o f the equation. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like you have 4" of lift based on your picture. How did you measure the spring and spacer? Trying to get a good understanding. More pictures would help as well.

I'd install the rear lift and see where you're at from there. For clarification which .75" spacer are you using? There are some spacers that are advertised as .75" but really give 1.25" if you don't take out the factory isolator. Could be part o f the equation. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like you have 4" of lift based on your picture. How did you measure the spring and spacer? Trying to get a good understanding. More pictures would help as well.

the .75 spacer is a day star brand. I also installed a new factory spring isolator in place of the old one. When I measure I am measuring from the bottom spring perch where the spring sits to where the top of the spring hits the daystar spacer. It’s measuring 16” I will take more pictures this afternoon to give you a better idea.

The springs will settle after a few drives on the road. Mine looked obscured when I put my OME lift in. It settled soon after and looks fine now.

You're going to have drivetrain vibrations with that much suspension lift. To get rid of them you'll need either a 1" taller motor mount lift, a 1" tcase skidplate drop, or a SYE kit and a rear CV driveshaft. I'd at least consider removing the front spacers so you don't have to lift the rear as much.

You're going to have drivetrain vibrations with that much suspension lift. To get rid of them you'll need either a 1" taller motor mount lift, a 1" tcase skidplate drop, or a SYE kit and a rear CV driveshaft. I'd at least consider removing the front spacers so you don't have to lift the rear as much.
I do have a body lift with motor mount lift that I was debating installing. I will definitely take out the spacers if it doesn’t settle. I’m hoping once I lift the rear the front will come down a little more

I do have a body lift with motor mount lift that I was debating installing. I will definitely take out the spacers if it doesn’t settle. I’m hoping once I lift the rear the front will come down a little more
You can install the MML without the body lift if you prefer. You'd just need to raise the fan shroud an inch, that only requires new mounting bolt holes be drilled into the shroud 1" lower than the factory holes.

You can install the MML without the body lift if you prefer. You'd just need to raise the fan shroud an inch, that only requires new mounting bolt holes be drilled into the shroud 1" lower than the factory holes.
Ok, good advice. Once I get the rear done I’ll throw in the MML regardless of if install body lift.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
My plan was the 2941 light duty in the rear. My rear is stock and really light without a hardtop. I did the 2933 in front because I plan to add a bumper and winch very soon.
It looks like the 2933 front spring only gives about 1/2 inch more lift than the 2932. Both have a spring rate of 140, and the 2933 is just over 1/2 inch longer.

I placed 64 pounds of weight on my front bumper, and it only came down about 1/4". Experimenting like that might give you an idea of how far down yours will come with extra equipment, if you can find the weights of your planned mods.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I installed the rear springs and it made a dramatic difference in the front. I’m now at 2.5” lift with the coils in front plus the 3/4 spacer for a total of 3.25” overall lift. This is with 2933 in front and 2941 in rear. With this I have about 1” of rake.

F08A8BE9-4FF7-4089-972C-EA88F9E1F616.jpeg

Reactions: imahnu