One Headlight Working at a Time

Drgilbert4

My 2006 Wrangler Unlimited is having a headlight issue. The passenger side headlight only works on low beam, and the drivers side only works on high beam. This just started happening a couple of days ago. It isn’t the bulbs. I replaced them thinking I had a bad high beam on one and a bad low beam on the other. Has anyone seen this before?

Check the wiring and their connections at both headlight connectors. The headlight switch connects to the driver's side headlight and then wiring from the driver's side headlight connects to the passenger-side.

Thank you… will be troubleshooting in a bit. I’ll let you know what I find.
Also remove, clean, and then reattach securely both of the black wires that connect between the connectors and where they attach to the tub. They provide the critical ground connection required by both headlights.

Jerry, is did a frame replacement in my 01 and one headlite is brighter than the other, would this bed a ground issue. This jeep was a total sandblast and repaint everything, thanks

I had some weird headlight behavior similar to this about a year ago. It ended up being one of the bulbs having some weird grounding issue. Check for continuity between the three prongs of the bulbs just to be sure, and check to make sure the ground wires are actually getting a good ground.

Jerry, is did a frame replacement in my 01 and one headlite is brighter than the other, would this bed a ground issue. This jeep was a total sandblast and repaint everything, thanks
If both the high and low beams are dimmer than the other side I'd definitely suspect a bad/weak/dirty/corroded ground at the dimmer headlight. That short black wire from the dim headlight's plug that connects to the tub is the headlight's ground wire. Reseat the connector on the headlight a couple times too.