One More Non-Mechanical Question

Zhillslady

TJ Enthusiast
I located my jack under the passenger seat but dang if I can get it out. Is there a trick to it (don't have owners manual) or could it be just stuck from being in there so long

Hopefully mines easier to get out than yours. I'll have to try that today just to see.

Yeah I'm gonna get mine out this weekend. I', perfectly capable of changing a tire but not if I spend 3 hours trying to get hte jack out. I'll make sure it's removable and usable. Maybe just been in there since 97 and needs some PB blaster.

Reactions: StG58
Yeah I'm gonna get mine out this weekend. I', perfectly capable of changing a tire but not if I spend 3 hours trying to get hte jack out. I'll make sure it's removable and usable. Maybe just been in there since 97 and needs some PB blaster.

Can you visually tell what it's held in by?

I located my jack under the passenger seat but dang if I can get it out. Is there a trick to it (don't have owners manual) or could it be just stuck from being in there so long

The part of the jack that contacts the axle tube has a small hole in the lifting pad. That hole fits over a sheet metal tab that is on the bracket under the seat. You remove the rubber strap with the seat forward and turn the yellow plastic ring by hand to lower the jack screw to remove the tension that is holding the jack into the brackets. Installing is the reverse, put the jack in the brackets, get the tab in the hole and "lift" the top of the jack by turning the plastic ring to lock it into the bracket. The jack has a lot of power so it only needs a minor bit of turning to get it to lock in.

Thank you mrblaine. I'll print this and take it home. Son was ready to pull out the seat but I explained to him I doubted Jeep would plan on you removing the seat on the side of the road to fix a tire.

Reactions: Chris