One of those rifles

Hey, @JMT, I'm puzzled by this. How is it a pain to take down? With the new system, the MK IV is supposed to be the simplest set-up Ruger has ever had. I have a 1979 Standard (sometimes referred to as a MK I), and it can be an exercise in frustration to break down and reassemble. The MK IV is on my short list of "will own" firearms, not only for it's stellar appearance, but for the ease of breaking down. It's mere seconds to do so. What's up with yours?
Haha, maybe mines the MKIII. It’s not the ‘new system’ that ‘breaks down in seconds’ for sure! I’ll check when I get home from Moab bro!

Reactions: Squatch
This may or may not have been mine, be careful of crap locks my friends. It’s worth it to protect yourself and your family. Guess where this was made.

Hey, @JMT, I'm puzzled by this. How is it a pain to take down? With the new system, the MK IV is supposed to be the simplest set-up Ruger has ever had. I have a 1979 Standard (sometimes referred to as a MK I), and it can be an exercise in frustration to break down and reassemble. The MK IV is on my short list of "will own" firearms, not only for it's stellar appearance, but for the ease of breaking down. It's mere seconds to do so. What's up with yours?

There is a little trick most don't know about re-assembling the older Ruger MK ll .22 pistols. Point muzzle up on bench, insert the pin on the locking piece through bottom of receiver, pull trigger with muzzle facing up. The back strap lever will now close easily into back of frame. If I need to remind someone to ensure the pistol is not loaded they have no business owning a firearm. With that being said; Ensure Pistol Is Unloaded Before Attempting This!

There is a little trick most don't know about re-assembling the older Ruger MK ll .22 pistols. Point muzzle up on bench, insert the pin on the locking piece through bottom of receiver, pull trigger with muzzle facing up. The back strap lever will now close easily into back of frame. If I need to remind someone to ensure the pistol is not loaded they have no business owning a firearm. With that being said; Ensure Pistol Is Unloaded Before Attempting This!
Thanks for the tip! I watched a couple of videos on different approaches, but I've long since forgotten which one I was using. Might even have been the one you're suggesting, as it sounds familiar. However, I seem to recall it was still a struggle, so who knows. I absolutely love the little gun. The first gens are clean and simple...in appearance, at least.
;)

Thanks for the tip! I watched a couple of videos on different approaches, but I've long since forgotten which one I was using. Might even have been the one you're suggesting, as it sounds familiar. However, I seem to recall it was still a struggle, so who knows. I absolutely love the little gun. The first gens are clean and simple...in appearance, at least.
;)

Piece of cake once you do it a few times. Keep pushing the round piece of the takedown ass'y. into the top of the barrel from the hinge pin junction. Keep trigger depressed and the takedown lever will fall into place. Do it a couple of times to get the feel for it.