OPDA won't rotate enough to be removed

Brock

I'm trying to pull my OPDA out to install the new Crown model. I've achieved TDC, have held it in place with the pin from the new OPDA, but when I try to lift the OPDA out, it rotates counter clockwise, and impacts the engine, preventing it from being fully extracted. I don't understand why it won't come out. What can I do here? I'm including a link to a video in this post to demonstrate what I'm experiencing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aBy9LFJKMbZADZHKA

So I can't seem to delete this thread. The issue turned out to be the alignment pin. It needed to spin as it came out. Putting the new unit in place worked without issue. Everything is good to go.

Brock,
do you mind taking a picture and uploading the direction of the cam sensor. how it ended up? I would use it for reference.

Yeah, I got a picture here but it isn't the clearest. This is the old OPDA and it has the plastic pin from the new OPDA in it to keep it in place. That ended up being the reason why I couldn't pull it out of course. Once removing the pin, the clock ring (?) spun a little bit, but with the pin in the new OPDA, it went right in without issue. This image is of the OPDA in TDC.

1548455871220.png

Just to clarify because after doing several swaps myself, AFTER the mechanic played with it so many times. I dont know the original position. The picture you posted shows the original OPDA still attached to the engine on TDC correct?

My cam sensor is currently pointing towards the middle of the motor mount. I want to guess that could be the problem. My jeep runs for a few days but then the problem comes back.