Open circuit on all cylinders

Cbigness

Hello all,

I recently replaced my exhaust manifold and my the is throwing codes p0201-6. The #3 injector wiring was frayed so I replaced that piece of wire and still have all codes. Vehicle starts and drives but very rough.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Check the fuel injector wiring where it bends around the threaded rod at the rear of the valve cover, the insulation often frays there causing intermittent shorts to ground.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Hello all,

I recently replaced my exhaust manifold and my the is throwing codes p0201-6. The #3 injector wiring was frayed so I replaced that piece of wire and still have all codes. Vehicle starts and drives but very rough.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cleared codes checked all wires for damage and still has one code for p0203

Cleared codes checked all wires for damage and still has one code for p0203

Health early did you check the wiring? You may need to actually start tearing apart the entire wiring harness and looking for a short. We are talking about hours and hours of tracing wires. Probably days and days more like.

Injectors have one fuse, obviously it's working if it runs. But it could have a weak bridge that completes the circuit. Turn key on and check with incandescent test light for power at the injector, if it lights up bright then good.
P0203 is cylinder 3 injector. It is ground controlled by pcm, I'd put the test lamp on that side and to the batt + and give the engine a crank, if lights up then good. If not then you'll have to disconnect the pcm engine side connector and find out which pin is injector 3 circuit and use a meter to see if it's intact.