Opinion on subwoofer

wrapp

I am working on trying to get a subwoofer for my lj. I don't have the stock enclosure, so I began building one out of MDF because I can't find them anywhere online. I went to an audio shop today and they told me that it would just be easiest to put one in the trunk because then I wouldn't have to do a bunch of trial and error fitting in the homemade box. At first I was completely against the idea because I didn't want to sacrifice the little trunk room there already was, but now I am rethinking it because I am afraid the box might be hard to get right and sounding good. I would also like to avoid building the sub into the seats

My options are as follows:

• 8" slim subwoofer in a homemade box (would be put in center console)
  • 6.5" subwoofer in a homemade box (would be put in center console)
  • 6.5" Sinful Sounds "sloth" series in a professional enclosure (put in the trunk)
Please let me know which you think I should go with.

i personally didnt like a more powerful sub than what came with the jeep in the center console.
too many vibrations and rattles once i put more than 100 watts into there.
plus it felt like it vibrated me more than anything else.

a trunk box probably would be the easier and cheapest option, although i would go with atleast 10" in the back if you did.
you can get some pretty small shallow mount enclosures nowadays for that size.

what kind of amplifier power are you looking at?

i personally didnt like a more powerful sub than what came with the jeep in the center console.
too many vibrations and rattles once i put more than 100 watts into there.
plus it felt like it vibrated me more than anything else.

a trunk box probably would be the easier and cheapest option, although i would go with atleast 10" in the back if you did.
you can get some pretty small shallow mount enclosures nowadays for that size.

what kind of amplifier power are you looking at?
To be honest I haven't gotten that far yet. I was just going to have the audio shop that will install it figure out what would be best.