Opinion please on this donor

04solartj

TJ Enthusiast
So i posted this in the other thread as a donor (and it may end that way yet)
i bought it as it sits he sold the doors and hardtop before i could get a hold of him,
This is a 2000 sport 4.0 auto 135k dana35/30 axels 307gears(he claimed it had a 44) 1" body lift 17"jk wheels, interior is basically mint the frame has had full length repair panels welded in (snow country jeep) when it got wrecked the dana 30 snapped in half as you can see in the pictures. So far I've gotten it up on stands and gotten the driver side of the 30 ripped out,
I have not seen any real frame damage (hell airbags never even went off) i will tackle the other side this weekend i hope. any way the engine fired up instantly and sounds great no noise or knocks nothing, great oil pressure etc.he said and i can see he put new h2o pump,radiator,hoses 3weeks ago and the new soft top 6 weeks ago. i guess my point (after rambling here LOL) is if the frame is tweaked enough to affect its road use would it make a trail rig or parts only? once i get it a bit more cleared away i will post some pic's for better input.
As it stands both fenders are shot, he did give me a brand new set of tube fenders with it,also a 8k winch to go on that ugly bumper/mount,the radiator mount i think is just off and can be fixed. sorry for the long post folks and if i decide to build i will start a build thread thank for input in advance.

IMG_20200709_202243798.jpg

IMG_20200709_202250196.jpg

IMG_20200709_202257781.jpg

Remove front fenders etc get the frame exposed so you can get a good look, you can take some cross measurements on rails and give you ideal if square
Look at body mounts if anything shifted
Even if frame is out, some pulling with a frame machine not the end of the world
I assume your into it cheap so you have room to spend a little

Reactions: 04solartj
Remove front fenders etc get the frame exposed so you can get a good look, you can take some cross measurements on rails and give you ideal if square
Look at body mounts if anything shifted
Even if frame is out, some pulling with a frame machine not the end of the world
I assume your into it cheap so you have room to spend a little
yeah i working towards the front stripped off so i can check it
and yes it was cheap the new top cost way more then i paid its a bestop trex in twill i believe

I guess my point (after rambling here LOL) is if the frame is tweaked enough to affect its road use would it make a trail rig or parts only?

I deleted all the rambling, not that I had a problem with it. Anyway the answer to that question is:

YES it could still make a great trail rig.

Followed by:

DO IT!!

And:

Be sure to post a build thread with more pictures.