Opinions on 2019 Grand Cherokee

jchadscud

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Nov 27, 2017
Dallas, TX
Wife is looking at the 2019 Grand Cherokee. I know a lot of you follow Jeep other than Wrangler so curious if anyone has any feedback positive or negative. Looking at the High Altitude version with the 3.6 Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine and the Quadra-Drive II 4WD system.

Thanks for any input!

Jan 5, 2019
Walnut Creek, CA
We have a 2014 and have been very pleased with it. It is great for snow and a little bit of off-road, but nothing compared to the Wrangler. It is a Mercedes so I wonder when the maintenance bills will start piling up. So far at 50k it has been pretty good.

XISophos

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2017
Denver, CO, United States
I've driven a large number of GSA GC's since around 2014 ranging from the high country out west down to the Southeast, and back again. I've never had a problem with any of them. Say what you will about the 3.6, but it's always been a pleasure to drive with a nice torque curve that reminds me of a v8. If my wife ever gets another vehicle, the GC is probably what it's going to be.

Side anecdote, I used one in South Dakota on Pine Ridge Reservation that I dubbed "Uncle Jesse". This bastard and I killed 18 birds, we nearly got taken out by a stray/wild horse on the road, and had so many bugs stuck to it that it it smelled like death. I drove that thing nearly 250 miles every day for a month, and the only thing it ever needed was gas, oil changes and a bath. It was fantastic! We saw a lot together and I would have bought it in an auction in a heartbeat.