Opinions on Aluminum Trail Doors

mrblaine

Easter Bunny
Supporting Member
Dang, what are the temps in JV in the winter? We rarely get high winds here. Just cold. Hardtop and doors go on and stay on till mid to late spring. Then the mornings are very cool and the afternoons warm up nice. That would be the best time for some half doors here, and through the summer. Most mornings are too cool to go doorless. I’m talking myself into a set right now!
Not uncommon for the daytime temps to stay below 50. Not uncommon for overnight temps to dip below freezing by 10-20 degrees. All of it is very tolerable until the wind comes up and then it is miserable.

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Not uncommon for the daytime temps to stay below 50. Not uncommon for overnight temps to dip below freezing by 10-20 degrees. All of it is very tolerable until the wind comes up and then it is miserable.
Yikes, that’s insane cold. I’ve never even been to CA, so that’s interesting. I wouldn’t have guessed, but it fits with desert climates. Lots of dust kicked up when windy? It gets so dusty here in E WA by midsummer that it’s annoying to do any activity on loose soil.

mrblaine

Easter Bunny
Supporting Member
Yikes, that’s insane cold. I’ve never even been to CA, so that’s interesting. I wouldn’t have guessed, but it fits with desert climates. Lots of dust kicked up when windy? It gets so dusty here in E WA by midsummer that it’s annoying to do any activity on loose soil.
It gets very dusty when it dries out and it is mostly always dried out. You hope for a bit of a breeze on the race days otherwise what you see in the picture is what the valley looks like.

1614091295599.png

Reactions: J R and sjalkian

B00mb00m

R&D Engineer Acme Co.
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It gets very dusty when it dries out and it is mostly always dried out. You hope for a bit of a breeze on the race days otherwise what you see in the picture is what the valley looks like.

View attachment 228608
Looks like some sort of IFS mating ritual. If the top one spins around and seals the deal a Utv will be born in 3 months.