Opinions on BullDawg and Bestop hard upper half doors

Bearatthelake

Supporting Member
I am thinking about getting new 1/2 door sliding windows for my 97 wrangler. Have looked at Best Top and BullDawg.
Was wondering if anyone has either one and would give a review on one or both. I have a spice color Best Top soft top on my keep now. Was wondering if BullDawg spice matches up good with Best Top spice color.

Bull Dawg makes a great upper window. The hardware for mounting them is much better than the stock upper door hardware, because they allow you to tighten them down for a better fit. The only negative thing I'd say is that taking them off and putting them on isn't as simple as the "slide-in" factory uppers. Also the visibility is much better on the Bull Dawg uppers than the other "stock" slider uppers I've used.

standard_kit.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

Reactions: il buono and PCO6
I have both the Bull Dawg and the Bestop uppers for half doors. IMHO, if you are only going to run a soft top stick with the Bestop Sliders. They are much faster to remove, both sides of the windows open, and the window openings are larger.

The Bull Dawgs are quieter and for a road trip I would run them with a soft top.

Bull Dawg makes a great upper window. The hardware for mounting them is much better than the stock upper door hardware, because they allow you to tighten them down for a better fit. The only negative thing I'd say is that taking them off and putting them on isn't as simple as the "slide-in" factory uppers. Also the visibility is much better on the Bull Dawg uppers than the other "stock" slider uppers I've used.

View attachment 223510

View attachment 223511

View attachment 223512

I appreciate these pics. 👍 I bought a used set of Bull Dawg uppers that came with 6 bolts like the ones pictured. I simply dropped them in the standard non threaded MOPAR half door plastic sockets. They fit fine and were fairly tight. Not knowing the bolts were original and were meant for Bull Dawg threaded sockets, I made a set of stainless steel rods with a head on them to replace the original bolts. Fortunately I kept the bolts. I should contact Bull Dawg to see if I can get basically what you show in your first pic. Thanks!

Reactions: Irun
I appreciate these pics. 👍 I bought a used set of Bull Dawg uppers that came with 6 bolts like the ones pictured. I simply dropped them in the standard non threaded MOPAR half door plastic sockets. They fit fine and were fairly tight. Not knowing the bolts were original and were meant for Bull Dawg threaded sockets, I made a set of stainless steel rods with a head on them to replace the original bolts. Fortunately I kept the bolts. I should contact Bull Dawg to see if I can get basically what you show in your first pic. Thanks!
https://www.bulldawgmfg.com/shop/jeepaccessories.htm

Reactions: PCO6
I'm TRYING to get a set of the Bestop sliders. Ordered before Christmas, on back order until at least the end of this month. Covid is slowing everything down.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Chris