Opinions on these 2013 Jeep Patriot chrome headlight bezels?

TJRick

TJ Enthusiast
Below is the front end of a stock 2013 Jeep Patriot:

PT2.jpg

And here the front end of my wife's 2013 Jeep Patriot with chrome headlight bezels:

PT3.jpg

I go back and forth on these. Sometimes I think they look cool and add depth to an otherwise bland front end, and other times I think they may look too big. Jeep CJs and Wrangler TJs had chrome headlight bezels, so maybe they do look a bit Jeep-like.

What do you think?

It would look a little better if the Jeep emblem wasn’t taped over. What’s up there?

I applied red tape in an attempt to see what it would look like without the Jeep nameplate, but it didn't work very well, did it? I was thinking about removing the Jeep emblem, but then decided against it. I simply forgot to take the tape back off before I took the picture.

So what about those bezels? Yay, or Nay?

I applied red tape in an attempt to see what it would look like without the Jeep nameplate, but it didn't work very well, did it? I was thinking about removing the Jeep emblem, but then decided against it. I simply forgot to take the tape back off before I took the picture.

So what about those bezels? Yay, or Nay?

Id say yay in this case :)

Id say yay in this case :)

Thanks! (y)

What do you think of the stock chrome "Jeep" emblem paired with those bezels? I was thinking about removing it because the seven-slot grille says it all, right?

Besides, Jeep CJs and Wrangler TJs never needed a "Jeep" emblem on the hood.

On the other hand, the Jeep Cherokee XJ always had one, so...

I just don’t like the patriot, the chrome looks better than without for me but I’d probably sell it and buy an XJ ;).

seriously though, the motor and platform has been a dud.

Taped over a Jeep emblem .

Chris , please document that for the hearing we have scheduled for August on these matters.

Chrome is chrome and there are many cars that need it. None of them are younger than my 30 yr old son.

Yes that statement just came from the guy that still has the chrome headlight bezels on his TJ. It's the most chrome I'll ever have on mine but I think it looks pretty good on the black grille.

The bezels on the Patriot seem to make the headlights look too big for it's grille. It could just be the semi-close up picture that's throwing me off on that, or maybe the turn signals now being so close. Who knows? Not me.

Reactions: reddvltj
I just don’t like the patriot, the chrome looks better than without for me but I’d probably sell it and buy an XJ ;).

seriously though, the motor and platform has been a dud.

I am not a huge fan of the Patriot, either. This is my wife's car, and she loves it. Why? Because it had a very reasonable price tag, has enough room for a family of four, and she wanted something newer that resembles the old XJ Cherokee and my 1998 Wrangler!

If it was a vehicle for ME, I would also have an XJ. But the newest XJ is 19 years old now. Would you want your wife driving your two small children around every day in a vehicle that old?

I am not a huge fan of the Patriot, either. This is my wife's car, and she loves it. Why? Because it had a very reasonable price tag, has enough room for a family of four, and she wanted something newer that resembles the old XJ Cherokee and my 1998 Wrangler!

If it was a vehicle for ME, I would also have an XJ. But the newest XJ is 19 years old now. Would you want your wife driving your two small children around every day in a vehicle that old?

Nope! My wife has a Santa Fe for the same reasons :)

If your wife wanted that Patriot and loves that Patriot, I'm glad she got it.

Reactions: Hog and rasband