Opinions on this 2006 TJ Unlimited Rubicon

TopEndYankee

Supporting Member
Seems like you all have a great forum community here. Subscribed. I have been working in Australia for the last few years, and returning stateside soon.

I have the following LJ (link below) getting inspected for me by an offroad shop early next week. The shop info is the second link. I am open to hear from anyone with comments, questions, or concerns to help prep me for working with the inspecting mechanic, since I won't be there in person.

Emails, texts, and call with owner are not raising any red flags. Owner is asking for a premium price, seems forthright, open, and easy to work with.

Once getting the shop evaluation, and if I pull the trigger and any work they might suggest not being big ticket (such as major engine, trans, breaks, drive train etc.), I would have suspension built from scratch plus regear for new tires/wheels before I get to drive it for the first time.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/bainbridge-island-2006-jeep-wrangler-lj/7270264731.html
https://www.facebook.com/AuburnCar/
Grateful for feedback.

So you want to buy this and not selling it, maybe this needs to be moved from the "for sale" section.

If you want/plan to buy be sure to read up on here about frame rust and check real good, I don't see may frame pics.

So you want to buy this and not selling it, maybe this needs to be moved from the "for sale" section.

If you want/plan to buy be sure to read up on here about frame rust and check real good, I don't see may frame pics.
Hopefully, the moderator will move OP to correct sub. I don't want to violate any forum rules.

Thanks for the rust warning.

I feel it is way overpriced for what you would be getting. The aftermarket parts are not top of the line. The long arm kit is not easily reversed or changed if it is something you end up not liking. If I were paying 27k for an LJR, I would want lower miles, close to stock, and it having been off-road very little or not at all. If I were to consider a modified one at that price, I would want higher quality parts. It better be pristine no matter what though.

Seems like you all have a great forum community here. Subscribed. I have been working in Australia for the last few years, and returning stateside soon.

I have the following LJ (link below) getting inspected for me by an offroad shop early next week. The shop info is the second link. I am open to hear from anyone with comments, questions, or concerns to help prep me for working with the inspecting mechanic, since I won't be there in person.

Emails, texts, and call with owner are not raising any red flags. Owner is asking for a premium price, seems forthright, open, and easy to work with.

Once getting the shop evaluation, and if I pull the trigger and any work they might suggest not being big ticket (such as major engine, trans, breaks, drive train etc.), I would have suspension built from scratch plus regear for new tires/wheels before I get to drive it for the first time.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/bainbridge-island-2006-jeep-wrangler-lj/7270264731.html
https://www.facebook.com/AuburnCar/
Grateful for feedback.
I haven't had auburn car repair do any work for me but I've bought a couple parts from them and they have a good reputation from what I hear. I think they even do some off-road racing. I think you will.be in good hands there. Like mentioned the price seems real high but if money is no object then go for it. It's kind of in that bad spot where it's not stock but it's not built real well either.

Reactions: JMT
I feel it is way overpriced for what you would be getting. The aftermarket parts are not top of the line. The long arm kit is not easily reversed or changed if it is something you end up not liking. If I were paying 27k for an LJR, I would want lower miles, close to stock, and it having been off-road very little or not at all. If I were to consider a modified one at that price, I would want higher quality parts. It better be pristine no matter what though.
Yes, all your points are well taken. The asking price is steep for this Jeep. I'm told it is wheeled for hunting via logging roads.
I haven't had auburn car repair do any work for me but I've bought a couple parts from them and they have a good reputation from what I hear. I think they even do some off-road racing. I think you will.be in good hands there. Like mentioned the price seems real high but if money is no object then go for it. It's kind of in that bad spot where it's not stock but it's not built real well either.
They are the service shop on the Carfax. They just got back from running Hammers, and the shop owner/driver of thier KOH rig would be doing the inspection. The awkwardness of not being nearer stock is a bugger.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Are you trying to find the most overpriced LJ in existence? What is your goal here 😃
Thanks for asking.

Not in order are...

To have an LJ as my DD upon returning from Australia. I will fly into LA. Will have already had vehicle transported to an address in SoCal.

I need the Jeep capable to drive cross-country to a job back east. It willl put on miles as primary transportation. Plus, while in the mid-Atlantic region, serving WW duties...wheeling trails in the Piedmont, crawling some in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and beach runs on the Outer Banks. Trips back west for wheeling vacations to the mecca trails.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking.

Not in order are...

To have an LJ as my DD upon returning from Australia. I will fly into LA. Will have already had vehicle transported to an address in SoCal.

I need the Jeep capable to drive cross-country to a job back east. It willl put on miles as primary transportation. Plus, while in the mid-Atlsntic region, serving WW duties...wheeling trails in the Piedmont, crawling some in Blue Ridge, and beach runs on the Outer Banks. Trips back west for wheeling vacations to the mecca trails.
Consider going on facebook LJ Nation post this and that you are will to spend $$ I bet multiple would be willing to sell for that kind of money.

Consider going on facebook LJ Nation post this and that you are will to spend $$ I bet multiple would be willing to sell for that kind of money.
I really appreciate the info. I am also staying open to spending much less to build up from what would be the base of a particular find.

I really appreciate the info. I am also staying open to spending much less to build up from what would be the base of a particular find.
Just try not to sound like a scammer (assuming you aren't trying to scam someone) and figure out how you can reliably buy something sight unseen. You start saying money order from Australia and people are gonna 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: taylormade73
Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!

If price is no object, that white LJR seems to fit the ticket and it appears VERY clean.

Very clean and nice. But for that price it should have a hemi swap. You should be able to get a clean LJR for 22-25k if you're patient.
Called on that one today! Awesome guy but hinges and torx screws all were touched up. Not well. Overspray on the undercarriage also.

80E65333-52EB-44B0-923B-ABDF1AA2A743.jpeg

87CF244E-BCC0-4BC7-9D67-6179E82DC87A.jpeg

Called on that one today! Awesome guy but hinges and torx screws all were touched up. Not well. Overspray on the undercarriage also.

View attachment 226210

View attachment 226211
Usually the sign of hasty cover-up and/or not well maintained. Curious to why the hinges were off. That's sucks. It looked clean at first glance and had a ton going for it.

Reactions: Starrs