Opinions on this Golden Eagle for sale

Weasellee

Jeep idiot
Supporting Member
Going to look at this ‘06 Golden Eagle.
Take a look at the ad. Is stock. Price seems a bit steep? I’m waiting on frame photos,
I mistakenly stated it was from Arizona but I was wrong.
I also updated with some underside photos provided by the seller. Ot IS what we all expected ☹️

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4697889953615417/
F5E8DC4C-15A0-4B15-96A3-F15477011703.jpeg

AA4B6D30-2503-4C9E-BB69-EF4BCBF21B93.jpeg

7986C135-3996-4917-B9D1-9A82841CEACB.jpeg

Last edited:
The carfax shows only NY and VT.
Where I live, I wouldn’t even bother looking at it for that reason.
Where you are maybe it’s a gem.
Looks nice in the pics.
This^^^^^ plus the fact that it's been listed for 20 weeks may say something. The top looks good, but there are no pictures of the bottom side. It's certainly worth a little more investigation!

Reactions: AndyG
Very low mileage so the price seems fair-ish to me, assuming it's all good underneath. My issue is the fact that they're telling you it's an Arizona Jeep... if they're going to lie about something so easily verified, I don't know that I'd trust purchasing a vehicle from them!

Definitely request frame photos. I think I can see that the front grill supports seem to have some advanced rust, so I would assume that the frame has the same unless proven otherwise.

Real shame since otherwise looks pretty clean.

Does anyone know how rare an 06 Golden Eagle is? Build numbers?
Oh my...yeah that golden eagle package.
It's got an all aluminum I6...
6:1 transfer case, 4.88 gears
Special ashley furniture carpet
If the 8th of vin had a T it's got a Turbo as well. Manual versions have a T18. Great low first.

OK.....
NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE !!!

Are you buying it thinking of Mecum or Barrett Jackson 30 years from now?

Don't. Won't bring shit.

It's just a TJ with fancy stickers, gold wheels and something else insignificant.

• Haha
Reactions: RMETeeJay
Oh my...yeah that golden eagle package.
It's got an all aluminum I6...
6:1 transfer case, 4.88 gears
Special ashley furniture carpet
If the 8th of vin had a T it's got a Turbo as well. Manual versions have a T18. Great low first.

OK.....
NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE !!!

Are you buying it thinking of Mecum or Barrett Jackson 30 years from now?

Don't. Won't bring shit.

It's just a TJ with fancy stickers, gold wheels and something else insignificant.
Ok thanks for the info. My research says Dana 44 rear and 3:73 gears. That’s something, no?

Ok thanks for the info. My research says Dana 44 rear and 3:73 gears. That’s something, no?
The Dana 44 is a plus, but it’s not rare. It was an option. My sport came with a Dana 44... it’s a plus for sure, but doesn’t make the golden eagle special. I wouldn’t pay anymore for any of the “special editions”

Reactions: Weasellee
Kinda...(that's the insignificant part) because unless you're going with big tires that 35 survives fine.

That axle was a stand alone option you could order on any of the 6 cylinder Jeeps with perhaps a year in there or two it was standard like on a rocky mountain edition (after my time)....perhaps a Sahara for a couple years..columbia?..

At one time (I used to order new stock for a Jeep store) ....

if memory serves correctly that 44 came with Jeep's limited slip diff. If you got one you got the other.

To add...
I don't know how old you are but it was like the packages days of yore. As in AMC days

Renegade...
Golden Eagle..
Laredo.....
Levi's edition...

Chrysler then got their hands on it and put their spin on some packages and "kind of dumb" got full blown short bus.

Sahara...

Islander 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Seriously WTFE...all equipped with the big ass dumb decal of the sun horizon on the side. Nothing screams jeep like that🙃

Then the Renegade edition of the YJ...
Oh my dear lord.
There is ugly and then there was the YJ Renegade. WTFF?!?!
Yes two "F's"!!!
00101_euZhFHgM3F0_600x450.jpg

There is sexy and then that Renegade YJ. 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Does anyone know how rare an 06 Golden Eagle is? Build numbers?
I happened across an 06 Golden Eagle in March so I did some research on this. I found that for the 2006 model year only 2001 Golden Eagles were made. Imo I would say that makes it a bit rare, but I think this just comes down to how you feel about it personally. I'm not sure if others would find it to be as special or not (which will affect resale value, if you ever end up wanting to sell it). I'm not an expert, but for the TJs, it seems like all the special editions were just a unique sticker package, and some cosmetic things. For the Golden Eagles, it came with the gold wheels, the stickers obviously, and the two tone seats. It also came standard with the Dana 44 rear with 3.73 gears and 30" tires, but that was an option for all TJs afaik. It's essentially a Sport/Sahara with different stickers. And I don't mean that as a bad thing, the Dana 44 is great. I think they're cool personally, I always liked the gold wheels. If it's in good shape, frame is solid, and the price is right, I would go for it. That being said, I wouldn't buy it just because it's a Golden Eagle. Also that being said, this one appears to have more than an insignificant amount of rust on the frame that someone poorly tried to cover up with paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ante_Up
That frame does not look good at all for a premium price. It's been painted recently but not very well. It looks like it's been a NY vehicle to me. Also, the body mounts are dry rotted. It would be a hard pass for me for that price.

Now if you can find a real Golden Eagle...
With the word golden eagle removed from sides of the hood and Dixie in it's place...

Yes please.

I'll pay extra with Catherine Bach in it.

Yes even the today version.
Looking like that at 67...
She's winning.
57e144d000057.image.jpg

And here you go....

With all the talk about it being rare and has special stickers and a dana 44 rear, nobody is talking about what a piece of shit it is due to the frame rot you can plainly see they tried to cover up. I wouldn't buy it if there were only one of them made. Not at that price.

Reactions: Weasellee