Opinions on tires

@CLA

maybe some 33x10.50r15s? That way you get the height you’re looking for but stay skinny which you seem like you want?
Yeah I think I wanna stay with 33x10.5. The 12.5 looks cool but it seems like it would be a lot of unnecessary drag on the drivetrain. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it.

I agree with the consensus, 38's would look better. Do the right thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
285/75/16 or 33/10.5./15

I went 15" and 33x10.5

fullsizeoutput_392.jpeg

Absolutely, its like a night and day difference. The E rated tires are very stiff compared to the C load tires. That plus if you lower your tire pressure to the recommended street pressures of 26-28psi instead of the 35-40 psi a lot of trucks run.

And as @TheBoogieman said, replacing the RC shocks with some ranchos would be a big improvement as well. Speaking from experience.

Absolutely, its like a night and day difference. The E rated tires are very stiff compared to the C load tires. That plus if you lower your tire pressure to the recommended street pressures of 26-28psi instead of the 35-40 psi a lot of trucks run.

And as @TheBoogieman said, replacing the RC shocks with some ranchos would be a big improvement as well. Speaking from experience.
Well damn. Guess you might have just convinced me to to buy some new shiny procomp wheels and some 33 inch tires 😂. Probably some new shocks, too.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
For reference I used to have a RC lift with their shocks and it only took about a year for the rear shocks to be blown and leaking fluid. (I could compress them from extended to collapse by hand with ease) replaced them with the Ranchos RS5000x shocks and that started to get me out of the "its a jeep thing" mindset. Same thing dropping the PSI from 35 to 28. I have 33x12.50 Hankook MTs.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
For reference I used to have a RC lift with their shocks and it only took about a year for the rear shocks to be blown and leaking fluid. (I could compress them from extended to collapse by hand with ease) replaced them with the Ranchos RS5000x shocks and that started to get me out of the "its a jeep thing" mindset. Same thing dropping the PSI from 35 to 28. I have 33x12.50 Hankook MTs.
Those are the shocks I see everyone say good stuff about, and the price is right too. They'll definitely be my pick when it's time. Glad I joined this forum. Lots of good people and info here.

how do you like the hankook's ? i had them on my last tj and loved em. got 50k miles out of them and they were quiet, but mine were factory size . new tj has shitty BFG M/T'S and i'll be lucky to get 30k out of them and their noisy as hell !

RC does get alot of smack but I will say the rancho shocks in my silverado rode like junk compares to my N3 RC shocks. The jeep will be getting either 5100 or coilovers