Opinions on tube doors?

OHFIVETJ

TJ Addict
I bought these used (with locks) off craigslist for $50, then color matched them myself.

Tube Doors 1.jpg

Tube doors are more of a personal preference thing. They're essentially the same as running no doors except you don't have to relocate mirrors or defeat the dome light. And you have someplace to rest your arm. I personally like no doors if I'm going for that much air flow.

I have the best top element doors and really like them. Mine have locks with a key, so don't have to worry as much about theft. These look good too, but would be more concerned with theft depending where you travel. Mine don't have threaded pins, just drop in. Good luck, found mine on craiglist for 225 with mirrors mounted.

I run factory half doors because it keeps the wife happy....which means more wheelin...don't think I'd ever buy these but ,thanks Codaman...my rubicon is the same color as yours...I know what they'd look like..

I have the Bestop Element doors and like them. Nice having the same mirrors as my full and half doors and having the interior lights still work correctly. I like to switch doors depending on the season and my roof configuration.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
My buddy who bought my TJ has these on it. They were another brand other than EAG but certainly look exactly alike. I helped him install these. I was never interested in tube doors but I was impressed with these and would now consider them if I did not have half doors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKVJLCH/?tag=wranglerorg-20
NO LOCK as well, no outside handle, don't look too safe, they look very thin & flimsy & that design is def not my style either, but thanks for the link.

NO LOCK !

My Bestop doors have locks. Looking at the ones offered now it looks like they no longer have locks on them (at least from the picture). Guess they are trying to save a buck. Same key as my fabric lowers had. Might verify with Bestop if you are interested in them.

I have the Bestop ones and I really like them and give it an 8/10. Only gripe I have is that if they get slammed closed hard a couple times the latch gets bent and I have to straighten it out with a screwdriver slightly to get it to close smoothly. This never happens to me, but my wife and my son are pretty good at slamming the hell out of them instead of being gentle.

Also mine do have the locks.