Options for replacing OE seat cover?

jthoms1

Supporting Member
Need the wisdom of the crowd. We picked up a ‘99 TJ for my son. All of the original seats are in great condition, with the exception of the drivers. It has the teat down the side that most of them seem to develop. Can I just replace the seat cover? If yes where can I get one? I tried Google but spun in circles. Thanks

Ours was the same when we got it... perfect all around except that one spot.

Pulled the seat and took it to an auto upholstery shop and they were able to match the vinyl and replace that one panel for less than $100.

Before

seat-before.JPG

After

seat-after.jpg

I have the identical split in my drivers seat. I had no luck at all finding a factory replacement cover so I took it to a local auto upholstery shop and they said that they would repair it for around $80. But since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm gonna try to replace the vinyl myself. Good luck with your fix and please post if you find a source for original covers and also let us know how it comes out.

Reactions: Aloha Joe
Well, you can't get an OE seat skin anymore, as those have been out of production for a long, long time now.

You can however go to an upholstery shop and they can fix it for you for relatively cheap. That will be your only option other than getting a set of nice replacement seat covers (i.e. Bartact).