1. It's time to vote for the February 2018 "Ride of the Month"! Click here to vote. Voting will end on January 31st.
    Dismiss Notice

OR-FAB slim swing-out tire carrier

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by dylansalrin, Jan 7, 2018.

1. dylansalrin

dylansalrin CRNA In Training
    Supporting Member

Complete set of the slim tire carrier (includes everything from every washer and bolt that came with it from the factory). This model is the slim series, it does not have room for big jerry cans like the other version. I was also informed that they are rebooting the jerry can model so if you want the bigger version, I suggest waiting until they come to market. I will ship on your dime. Make me an offer, not really needing to sell it but I'm entertaining the thought of going another route for the right price. Here is what they went for when they were still sold ($566):
    http://4wheelonline.com/jeep/or-fab...cycle-black-finish-jeep-1997-2006-tj.259104.0

IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0683.JPG

#1 dylansalrin, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Starrs

Starrs TJ Enthusiast

Does that fit both jk and tj? The link is pictured with it on a jk

dylansalrin likes this.
  3. dylansalrin

Supporting Member

whoops. nice catch. Ill replace the link with the tj version. (it only fits tjs)

4. ImpactOrange

ImpactOrange New Member
    Supporting Member

How much for shipping to 93610?

Is OR-FAB finally back in business? Any dates on when the new tire carrier will be for sale?

5. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

How much do you want for it? I’ve been wanting one, but I worry about the shipping cost. If i could get it for a reasonable price, I would certainly buy it.

6. dylansalrin

Supporting Member

got an offer here at home for about $500, probably gonna accept it. Shipping to CA or OR would probably not make it worth it IMO. If I were you guys I would just wait for the reboot. not sure when they are selling them again, @Jerry Bransford might know. Not trying to defer you guys or anything, but I don't wanna sell it to you and you guys get screwed you know? Hopefully, the quality of the new manufacturer matches the old.

7. Jerry Bransford

Jerry Bransford TJ Guru
    Supporting Member

I have no idea other than Brandon Miller at DV8 Offroad (who bought OR-Fab) said they had just decided to start manufacturing them again after hearing all the pleas from people like me to do so. I'll believe it when I see it but at least that was encouraging.

Chris and dylansalrin like this.
  8. JamesAndTheSahara

JamesAndTheSahara TJ Addict

There are no plans to reboot the TJ tub carrier lineup from DV8 (Purchaser of ORFAB). This may change in the future but both employees I spoke with were quite confident in that response.

Edit: With Jerry's response above, I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love some post purchase support from the company if I ever mangle up something.

9. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

This wouldn’t be that hard for someone else to copy and fabricate. It’s not a complicated design by any means! I wish someone would do that.