Ordered Revolution 1541h shafts and got a surprise

Blackjack

Evil Winch Doctor
Supporting Member
They are 4140. Nice but they use threaded studs not press in. Minor setback but just FYI for those looking at them.

CC183F34-0709-4DDA-BB20-68DC8BF761D2.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
They don’t thread them so you can set them for a 5x4.5 or 5x5 bolt pattern.

They don’t thread them so you can set them for a 5x4.5 or 5x5 bolt pattern.

The 1541h shafts I ordered by part number are drilled for a press in stud. The 4140 are threaded and require the appropriate studs to work which were not included. Would have been good to know since I had these air freighted to AK and now have to find studs to make them work.

Reactions: Chris
The 1541h shafts I ordered by part number are drilled for a press in stud. The 4140 are threaded and require the appropriate studs to work which were not included. Would have been good to know since I had these air freighted to AK and now have to find studs to make them work.
I see! I missed that in your original post.

They made a simple mistake. If you let Brook know, he can likely get them to you quickly or I have some I can toss in a small flat rate Priority mail that will get there in a couple of days.

They made a simple mistake. If you let Brook know, he can likely get them to you quickly or I have some I can toss in a small flat rate Priority mail that will get there in a couple of days.

Thank you for the offer Blaine but I scrounged up a set. I talked to them this afternoon and I think there is some confusion about these internally. By part number they are being sold as the Replacement series but the current batch are 4140 and I do not think they have a note on them that they need the screw in studs. Website still is showing them being 1541h adding to the confusion. https://www.revolutiongear.com/product/jeep_dana_44_87_up_mj_and_xj_97_06_tj_wdana_44_rear_axle

Thank you for the offer Blaine but I scrounged up a set. I talked to them this afternoon and I think there is some confusion about these internally. By part number they are being sold as the Replacement series but the current batch are 4140 and I do not think they have a note on them that they need the screw in studs. Website still is showing them being 1541h adding to the confusion. https://www.revolutiongear.com/product/jeep_dana_44_87_up_mj_and_xj_97_06_tj_wdana_44_rear_axle
That is pretty much what I figured was going on. The original part number would take a press in stud and the substitute does not so the BOM would not include the threaded studs. That was only part of the mistake since either axle should include new studs. Did you get press in studs in the box?

That is pretty much what I figured was going on. The original part number would take a press in stud and the substitute does not so the BOM would not include the threaded studs. That was only part of the mistake since either axle should include new studs. Did you get press in studs in the box?

Nope just shafts. Based on the info for the Replacement series shafts I was not expecting any.

That is odd. I would never expect shafts without studs in any level of part.

I am used to it. A lot of stock replacement shafts out there these days are not coming with studs. I hope that I am not coming across as upset. To the contrary I hope people take advantage of these shafts as they are not much more expensive than the 1541h shafts were, you just want to make sure you order studs to go with them. It was only a minor inconvenience for me but for someone else it could ruin their weekend.

I am used to it. A lot of stock replacement shafts out there these days are not coming with studs. I hope that I am not coming across as upset. To the contrary I hope people take advantage of these shafts as they are not much more expensive than the 1541h shafts were, you just want to make sure you order studs to go with them. It was only a minor inconvenience for me but for someone else it could ruin their weekend.
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the logic. I'm never happy about trying to reuse a stud. That means new ones. New ones are a crap shoot with today's order and fulfillment. Parts stores suck, so new ones are a problem at best. I guess I am just used to always getting new studs and only being a little bit bitchy that they don't come installed.

I helped a guy on the trail a couple years ago with a broken left rear shaft on his Dana 35. The replacement shaft came with no studs. Local NAPA store charged $6 each for the fuckers!

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the logic. I'm never happy about trying to reuse a stud. That means new ones. New ones are a crap shoot with today's order and fulfillment. Parts stores suck, so new ones are a problem at best. I guess I am just used to always getting new studs and only being a little bit bitchy that they don't come installed.

There is no logic in the parts industry anymore and I am saying this as someone who lives and breathes it.