Ordering tires online?

As a general info, mostly all that 4WD and or 4 Wheel Hardware stores sell unless is in Store inventory comes from 4wd.com
When I do order my KO2"s the counter guy gave me some recon on this.

Keep on mind that the online tire suppliers get the same quality tires as the Tire brand name stores. Chances are that if you get tires from a suspicious batch from a physical store it could happen on the online store as well.

I ordered a set of original 33" KO tires mounted on 15x8 wheels back in the late 90's from tyres international. They showed up perfect but the one thing I had to do was have them shipped to a place that had a loading dock. I'm pretty sure things have changed since then but I would read the fine print on shipping from wherever you order from. Thankfully I had a buddy that could accept them for me since he worked at a place with a loading dock. Back then all 4 tires/wheels showed up on one pallet due to their weight.

Last edited:
I'm telling ya atleast type in what your looking for at Walmart.com and see what the price is. Free shipping to your door, and very competitive. I didn't even have to be home for the delivery. Came home from work and they were left behind my house where I asked the driver to leave them when he called me.

I'm telling ya atleast type in what your looking for at Walmart.com and see what the price is. Free shipping to your door, and very competitive. I didn't even have to be home for the delivery. Came home from work and they were left behind my house where I asked the driver to leave them when he called me.

Totally agree. I've been looking at Walmart tire prices lately, they're hard to beat!

I did the Kuhmo's from Walmart and had them shipped to the local store where the mounted and balanced at $15 each. It was hard beat their pricing.

I need new tires for our Subaru Outback, and looking at these Walmart prices I think I know where I'm going to get my new tires!

I just chose the closest Walmart with a tire center and they were shipped there.

That's what I'm going to do. 4 brand new tires with awesome reviews and a 75k mile warranty for only $400 (not including installation). Can't argue with that. Walmart was $5 cheaper per tire than all the others.

Reactions: UpperMI and TJ4Jim
I had pretty good luck with Discount Tire Direct, but that was a few years ago. Free shipping to my door at work. Only setback was they shipped 3 tires, and had the 4th shipped from a different warehouse, so got the 4th a couple days later.