Oregon Oregon Meet, Greet, & Wheel

Anything we can hunt in Oregon that time of year? Seems usually when I go out of state, it's to hunt.:)
Anything we can hunt in Oregon that time of year? Seems usually when I go out of state, it's to hunt.:)
Rabbits are the only thing I can think of. Maybe sage rats...

Sidearm and/or rifle would be encouraged. The area has alpha predators, though they are rare. ODFW denies they exist or are a problem.

Reactions: MikeM
Rabbits are the only thing I can think of. Maybe sage rats...

Sidearm and/or rifle would be encouraged. The area has alpha predators, though they are rare. ODFW denies they exist or are a problem.
Of course they do. There are confirmed, on trail cameras, wolves in far north east California. But, my hunting partner is a wildlife biologist and knows CA DFG agents. There have been wolves around for some years now and they have smoked em. All hush hush of course.

Reactions: StG58
Of course they do. There are confirmed, on trail cameras, wolves in far north east California. But, my hunting partner is a wildlife biologist and knows CA DFG agents. There have been wolves around for some years now and they have smoked em. All hush hush of course.
It's bad enough here in California that the Mt Lions are killing our Deer and we can't hunt/control them. The wolves get in here and you can kiss the Deer goodbye. They will be an endangered species.

Nothing to hunt here that time of year. There may be some sage rats left if we have a late spring. A few coyotes but don’t count on finding any in a few days. No jack rabbits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's bad enough here in California that the Mt Lions are killing our Deer and we can't hunt/control them. The wolves get in here and you can kiss the Deer goodbye. They will be an endangered species.
For the most part, I am using my time to hunt in Idaho. My daughter will hunt here, simply due to the price of hunting out of state. But lets face it, CA couldn't give two f^%ks about hunters, DFW included. Already have my 2018 elk and deer tag for ID in hand :D

Reactions: MikeM
For the most part, I am using my time to hunt in Idaho. My daughter will hunt here, simply due to the price of hunting out of state. But lets face it, CA couldn't give two f^%ks about hunters, DFW included. Already have my 2018 elk and deer tag for ID in hand :D
Good for you for already having your Idaho Elk tag!

Thats funny here in Long Island, NY the deer are getting so over populated that they are getting hit outside huge shopping malls. Out east where there a few farms that have not yet been converted to housing developments they are giving out "Nuisance" permits with unlimited kill rights. The only predator out here are the vehicles that hit them.

Thats funny here in Long Island, NY the deer are getting so over populated that they are getting hit outside huge shopping malls. Out east where there a few farms that have not yet been converted to housing developments they are giving out "Nuisance" permits with unlimited kill rights. The only predator out here are the vehicles that hit them.
Maybe they should do a catch and release program there.

Getting much snow up there in Oregon?

Not yet. Last year at this time we had 3 feet, and it kept snowing. This year we had one little storm that left 4 inch, but that’s been gone for a while. There is still a lot of time for more winter, but I’m enjoying not having to shovel every day.

Reactions: StG58
Not yet. Last year at this time we had 3 feet, and it kept snowing. This year we had one little storm that left 4 inch, but that’s been gone for a while. There is still a lot of time for more winter, but I’m enjoying not having to shovel every day.

I bet you are! Last year we got most of our rain in January.

This could be us in 6 Months. Chris on the guitar!
Camping Jeep.jpg