Oregon Oregon (Portland area) Meet up?

I just went to the TSF today for a bit and ran Happy Meal and University Firepower. Got nice and muddy after all that rain this past week. Anytime is fine for me, I could meet peeps there this weekend or next probably too.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
I plan on going out to Brown's camp tomorrow just to run around on some trails and get a little muddy. It looks like it may close down on 10/28, so I want to go out and play a bit before that.

I am a new Jeep owner, with just a stock suspension and 31's so I won't get too crazy. Anyone want to meet up? I'll probably be out there about 10:30am tomorrow.

I plan on going out to Brown's camp tomorrow just to run around on some trails and get a little muddy. It looks like it may close down on 10/28, so I want to go out and play a bit before that.

I am a new Jeep owner, with just a stock suspension and 31's so I won't get too crazy. Anyone want to meet up? I'll probably be out there about 10:30am tomorrow.
Haha, I could probably be there. Are you camping? Browns Camp? Though I think the "camps my be closing" The badge trails don't necessarily close for the season, they're open year round.

You do need a "Class II Oregon ATV permit" though so you may want to stop in at the Tillamook Forest Center and pick one up plus a trail map if going solo. It's very easy to get turned around and lost in there with all the gates they have closed. Wanna meet at the Forest Center? I could easily spend a few hours out there tomorrow.

Haha, I could probably be there. Are you camping? Browns Camp? Though I think the "camps my be closing" The badge trails don't necessarily close for the season, they're open year round.

You do need a "Class II Oregon ATV permit" though so you may want to stop in at the Tillamook Forest Center and pick one up plus a trail map if going solo. It's very easy to get turned around and lost in there with all the gates they have closed. Wanna meet at the Forest Center? I could easily spend a few hours out there tomorrow.

Not camping, just gonna romp around for the day. I have the tag already, just need to put it on the bumper, but I will definitely pick up a trail map. That's a great tip.

Where is the Forrest Center? This one: https://goo.gl/maps/KR8s136fRAkfvFW68

Hillsboro/Beaverton. Don't think we have any trails closer. Even if I don't come to the trail, if y'all plan to meet up someplace afterwards for drinks, I will try and join for that.
I’m in the same boat. Also havent done any off roading in it yet so I’m a smige scared haha

Reactions: ElectricWizard
Perfect. 10:30am tomorrow at the forestry center. I'll have my daughter with me. I'll PM you my cell in case you want to text me tomorrow.
Have fun!! Take lots of photo's.

Well, to the Portlanders who couldn't make it today...you really missed out :D, kidding but it was a pretty nice day out there and @gbirk and I ran Cedar Tree #13. Here's a few shots from the day, we spent 3-4 hours out and ran into another group a Jeeps at some point and had a bunch of fun out there. Hopefully we can get a few more forum TJ's out there next weekend or another time.

IMG_3337.jpg
IMG_3345.jpg
IMG_3353.jpg
IMG_3367.jpg
IMG_3372.jpg

Well, to the Portlanders who couldn't make it today...you really missed out :D, kidding but it was a pretty nice day out there and @gbirk and I ran Cedar Tree #13. Here's a few shots from the day, we spent 3-4 hours out and ran into another group a Jeeps at some point and had a bunch of fun out there. Hopefully we can get a few more forum TJ's out there next weekend or another time.

View attachment 121868View attachment 121869View attachment 121870View attachment 121872View attachment 121873

Glad you guys had fun! I wanted to go but 10:30 was soooo not okay for any meet😂

View attachment 121868View attachment 121869View attachment 121870View attachment 121872View attachment 121873
Did you get @gbirk a rotm photo? You seem to have a knack for taking them.

Glad you guys had a good time. Looks beautiful.

Reactions: EJD
Did you get @gbirk a rotm photo? You seem to have a knack for taking them.

Glad you guys had a good time. Looks beautiful.
Haha thanks! but no I didn't get shots of his Jeep under the Cedar Tree like I did before, there were other people in line so we kind of just passed through there. We might do Firebreak Five next weekend which is a more difficult trail and who knows...but I already have mine for June 2020! ;)

Reactions: Alex01
Man! what a great day. 1st time out in the new-to-me TJ, and wow am I impressed. My daughter and I had a great time.
@EJD, @BuildBreakRepeat, @Zedd and anyone else that wants to go, I am down for firebreak trail next week assuming the weather holds out. Maybe we could meet later in the day so @Zedd can make it, but I am not sure I am ready for night wheeling, so not too late.

1572193725525.png

1572193798899.png

1572193910293.png