Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Oscar The Grouch LJ Build

OP
Stitch1

Stitch1

I'll probably regret it but I just can't see putting money into a Dana 30. I am pretty sure I am just going to stick with the initial plan of getting a Dana 44. Leaning towards the G2 Core 44 but haven't finalized anything just yet.

SvtLdr

Search Engine Certified Mechanic
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'll probably regret it but I just can't see putting money into a Dana 30. I am pretty sure I am just going to stick with the initial plan of getting a Dana 44. Leaning towards the G2 Core 44 but haven't finalized anything just yet.
What is it that makes you hesitant to run a Dana30 with 35" tires? Since you're already planning to regret the decision... lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
OP
Stitch1

Stitch1

I only think I will regret the decision because of what was said above. I am wanting to re-gear and add a locker as well as new shafts and I just don't want to do that on a Dana 30. So the amount I would be putting into this axle isn't exactly cheap. From my understanding the D44s I am looking at use the ring and pinions from the JK. I like the sound of that a lot more than building up the Dana 30. Plus I want to run a deeper ratio than the Dana 30 will allow.

OP
Stitch1

Stitch1

Well I've started buying things again. Went ahead and ordered a RubiCrawler. I figured I need to pull the transfer case for the SYE I might as well add in the RubiCrawler at the same time.

Also, ordered the G2 Core 44 front axle with Eaton ELocker and 5.38 gears.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and hoping they arrive sooner than later.

OP
Stitch1

Stitch1

Well it's update time again. The axle is finally going to be delivered tomorrow. Or at least that's what we're told. It's funny, on my last update I was hoping for warmer weather and now I would love a bit of a cool down.

I did order a few more odds and ends. I have a bedrug carpet upgrade coming. As well as a swayloc. I also ordered new headlights for my JKU so the Procomp lights it has now will be going into the LJ. Nothing could be worse than these stock headlights.

I'd like to say we will hit the ground running on the axle install but at the moment we're in the upper 90s to low 100s with quite a bit of humidity. Unfortunately, my garage heats up like an attic and I just don't have a good way to keep it cool. But I will be itching to get it on as soon as we get a break in this heat.

Reactions: Irun
OP
Stitch1

Stitch1

My wife sent me this while I am at work. Very happy it finally came. Now all the fun really starts.
G2.png