Other Daily Drivers

I haven't had a chance to ride one, but I believe it. @TJ4Jim just bought a Chieftain!

Actually it is a Chief Vintage and I absolutely love this machine. I also drive a 2014 F-150 FX2 Off Road.
Indian.jpg

Oh no way! Were you a member on zpost as well? Also curious what you replaced her with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't a zpost member and I didn't replace her. I always wanted a 06-08 Z4M Coupe and bought one when I retired. In my opinion, fast is the only was to drive one and after a couple of years I sold mine. I felt like I had too much to loose.

Actually it is a Chief Vintage and I absolutely love this machine. I also drive a 2014 F-150 FX2 Off Road.
View attachment 44880
These Indians are as big as a 1970 Buick Electra 225, but they handle with the grace of a Romanian Olympic gymnast. You really need to peek at the speedo when you are twisting the throttle, it goes quicker and faster than you would expect. My Roadking which was moderately modifies with cams, jugs, pistons, brain etc would huff and puff after 100 mph. The Indian just gets into gait at 100 mph and starts stretching its legs to run.

These Indians are as big as a 1970 Buick Electra 225, but they handle with the grace of a Romanian Olympic gymnast. You really need to peek at the speedo when you are twisting the throttle, it goes quicker and faster than you would expect. My Roadking which was moderately modifies with cams, jugs, pistons, brain etc would huff and puff after 100 mph. The Indian just gets into gait at 100 mph and starts stretching its legs to run.

On my first ride last Thursday I felt as though she was at about 40, when I looked down at the speedometer it read well over 60 so I know what you mean.

Dodge all the way for me, when it comes to trucks. Over 420,000 miles on my '90 Dodge Cummins. I've washed it exactly three times in twenty years. It looks like it, of course, but hey... :D

Reactions: Head Lice
‘07 Infiniti G35x - only 97k miles on it!!! I’ve had a fairly short commute since I bought it used in 2010. I tool around in my TJ on Fridays/weekends. Have owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford trucks and each had pro’s and con’s - hard to nail down a favorite. Hope to own another truck someday.

03 Mazda 3 sport acts as my office/work truck all day. It regularly gets packed to the roof with parts and the back seats havn't been up since I bought it. Gets about 60k km a year

055b9ee8fc387c72f83b2237f9dd5775.jpg

The 03 Ram 2500 diesel STICK pulls the jeep around and gets used when we don't want to drive the wife's mini some place. Or when a friend has something heavy to move.

946a9a633ee45ba9aa577aa637cfd761.jpg

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Assuming you don't drive Jeep all the time, what else do you use for wheels? I drive on 2 wheels as much as possible. An old Moto Guzzi and an Indian Chieftain. I cannot live without a disgruntled work truck, and my 97 bone stock F250 with the 460 is my go to four wheeler. I threw the cap away a long time ago, but otherwise the truck is unchanged. I keep it utterly tip top and it only has 100K on the clock. Runs and drives like new, doubt there is a more thoroughly maintained truck than this one. Ford truck guys drool over it and I get requests to sell absolutely every time I go anywhere with it. Rides rough as hell unless you have a half ton or more in the back and pulls a horse trailer like nothing at all. Except for fuel economy, those 460's were great engines. Sits high from the factory and it really needs the dual gas tanks. I am an oddball that likes regular cabs. As I only visit America once or twice a year, these rigs will stay pristine for a long time.

Daily driver is 07 Chevy 3500 classic. When not daily driver I pull jeep/trailer to jeep jamboree events.

Not sure if Saturn had a version of the coupe (pretty sure they did not), but the Pontiac Solstice coupe is the one I'd want. Be that as it may, the Saturn Skye looks like it's be a fun ride, for certain. Nice car!
Thx, Its a blast to drive. The Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky are nearly identical cars with body styling the major difference. Its a 12 yr old style that looks like it was designed yesterday....at least to me.

Reactions: Squatch
I drive a 2016 Chevy express 2500 filled with tools and I have almost always had a Chevy van since I was 16 and I am 55 now. My wife drives an 09 scion xb and I couldn't imagine a more reliable vehicle, only been to the shop once and that was with 160,000 on it.