Our 2 year old daughter is obsessed with the Jeep!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
We had been holding off on taking our 2 year old (well 2 years and 2 months) daughter in the TJ for a while because we figured she wouldn't like it with the top and doors off. Well, the other day we decided to take her around town in it for the first time (top off and doors off).

To my shock, she friggin' loved it! I'm not exaggerating this either. Her face lit up, she starts smiling, and then the entire time she was just hanging out in the back with her foot dangling out of her car seat, blowing in the wind.

We get home and take her out, then she just walks right back over to the Jeep, pointing at it, saying, "ride, ride, ride!".

Now every time we go into the garage she runs straight to the Jeep and tries to crawl up in it (even though she can't even reach). We told her today we have to take the Subaru (our daily) because we needed to go on a long drive, and she starts crying pointing at the Jeep saying, "ride, ride, ride!".

Anyways, this is awesome news! It took our other daughter until she was about 2 and 1/2 years old to really start liking it. Now they both love it!

I have a feeling this is going to be a good Summer!

I have 4 and 6 year old girls that were the same way. They always want to take the Jeep around town and love being able to climb in directly over the wheels. I’m still working on wheeling with them though as they can only handle about 2 hours and are ready to go home.

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
I have 4 and 6 year old girls that were the same way. They always want to take the Jeep around town and love being able to climb in directly over the wheels. I’m still working on wheeling with them though as they can only handle about 2 hours and are ready to go home.

Our 5 year old (who is almost 6) could probably handle several hours of wheeling. Our 2 year old isn't going to be there for at least another few years I suspect. The good news though is that we can at least enjoy it around town, local trips, on the beach, and the forest service roads around here. That will be enough to hold me over until we can actually go somewhere and go wheeling.

It's cool to see how much they both like it though, that's for sure. Who would have thought a car could make them both so happy.

Great news!! I can only hope next year I can say the same thing when my daughter turns two.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Chris
This is my kiddo at a year old, she even says "Jee" and can't quite get the "p", lol.
Her face lights right up so I know exactly what your talking about @Chris!
I can do a doors off situation but not top off yet.

IMG_7760.JPG

PS: I'm obviously i'm not driving with her like this.

Our 5 year old (who is almost 6) could probably handle several hours of wheeling. Our 2 year old isn't going to be there for at least another few years I suspect. The good news though is that we can at least enjoy it around town, local trips, on the beach, and the forest service roads around here. That will be enough to hold me over until we can actually go somewhere and go wheeling.

It's cool to see how much they both like it though, that's for sure. Who would have thought a car could make them both so happy.

I took my youngest with me last year at age 3. We did 5 hours or so but I had to bring a tablet with some movies to keep her happy toward the end. I agree that at 2 she wouldn’t have enjoyed it. My youngest still enjoys it more than my older daughter. We just got back from a Moab trip and I got the younger one out 3 times. I could only get the older one out once.

Reactions: Chris
It’s been huge for me to be able to get them out. I hardly used my Jeep except for running around town since the first was born six years ago. Finally can get out again now!

This is my kiddo at a year old, she even says "Jee" and can't quite get the "p", lol.
Her face lights right up so I know exactly what your talking about @Chris!
I can do a doors off situation but not top off yet.

View attachment 45104

PS: I'm obviously i'm not driving with her like this.

Yep, we didn't want to do it with the top off (which is why we haven't even taken her in it until now), because at under 2, they can have a hard time breathing when wind is constantly rushing in their face. But at 2 years old, she handles it just fine now even at highway speeds!

And yeah, I figured you weren't driving with her like that!

Pretty cool how kids like Jeeps so much. I guess it's something about the open air that really gets them.

Reactions: EJD and psrivats
I took my youngest with me last year at age 3. We did 5 hours or so but I had to bring a tablet with some movies to keep her happy toward the end. I agree that at 2 she wouldn’t have enjoyed it. My youngest still enjoys it more than my older daughter. We just got back from a Moab trip and I got the younger one out 3 times. I could only get the older one out once.

I hear ya! But this gives me time to plan a nice Moab trip for 2 years from now. They'll be 4 and 7, and at that age I think they'll both do fine, especially since our older daughter can help out and entertain our younger daughter then.

Reactions: Alex01
My kids almost always want to go in the Jeep. I noticed something the other day. When we take the Yukon it’s incessant arguing, “Mom, Emma won’t stop touching me!” When they ride in the Jeep, topless, not a sound.

My 2 year old also love the Jeep.
I've left the factory side steps on for the time being as she uses them to get in and out.
She tries so hard, but hasn't quite got the hand strength to pull the door handle and open it.

My daughters are 13 and 10. They both love the Jeep, and have said Jeeps are cool since about age 4. My 10 year old can pick out the JK 2 doors and point out if they are the Rock Hard Edition or the regular Rubicon. It makes my so proud when she does that.

Reactions: PapaJeep
My 2 year old loves our Jeep. We were about to leave one day in my truck but he kept saying "no, eep". So after 3-4 times saying no, we're taking the truck, I put the car seat in the jeep and we rolled out. He loves the "eep".
20180519_095232.jpg

Reactions: Chris and Rob5589
My kids almost always want to go in the Jeep. I noticed something the other day. When we take the Yukon it’s incessant arguing, “Mom, Emma won’t stop touching me!” When they ride in the Jeep, topless, not a sound.

Haha, I love that too! In our Subaru it’s non-stop chattering and asking me a million questions. In the Jeep with the top and doors off, it’s too loud for anyone to talk. That’s the beauty of it!

Reactions: JMT and tomtaylz