Our first Jeep - 2006 LJ

JoeB

Supporting Member
My wife & I just purchased our first Jeep. We're in our sixties (we're in great shape and feel much younger than our age), and have always had Blazers, Suburbans or Tahoes our entire marriage (46 years).

We grew up with manual transmissions, but have not owned one in about 25 years. so bought the 06 LJ with 6 speed manual. I forgot how much fun it is to drive a "stick shift"!

It has 33" tires and a 3" body lift. We have ordered parts for an OME SL. And it needs new tires, but will stay with the 33" tire size.

Jeep in excellent condition, has 81k miles on it. We need to put some new seat covers on the stock cloth seat covers. thinking about vinyl, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Welcome. ‘06 LJ here too, with a 2” OME spring lift. The OME ultimate kit from DPG off road. Got 2 1/2” out of it with HD springs. I got 31’s though, and an Auto.

A lot of people like the Barract seat covers, including myself. I dont know if they have a vinyl option though. I plan to get s set of theirs someday.

Post some photos when you get a chance! Oh... and welcome to the forum!

Hi @Joe B.
Congrats on the LJ and Welcome to the Forum!

You will not be dis appointed by the OME lift. Personally used on my LJ.
Tires is a simple task, BFG KM3's. Personally used on my LJ.
For the seat covers, Bartrac. worth the price. I have been abusing mines for year and a half and after few washes still looking nice.

Happy Trails!!!

Are the Bartact seat covers easy to install?
Do you have to take the seats out and separate the bottom seat from the seat back to install?

Last edited:
Welcome! Congrats on the Jeep and the 46 years of marriage, that's awesome to read.

I have an 06 LJR and am planning some similar mods. OME + Rancho lift (2.5"), 1.25" body/1"MML to get to 33" (on 31" as the factory spec). Excited to see what you and your wife do!

Are the Bartact seat covers easy to install?
Do you have to take the seats out and separate the bottom seat from the seat back to install?

Super easy to install.
No, no need to removed and separate the seats. They are fabricated on two pieces to accomplish more seat coverage and easy installation.

Few pics...
1544706262239.png

1544706291868.png

1544706334251.png

1544706367422.png

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
If you don't mind black, you can get the basic Bartact covers without the molle webbing, those are the same material but cost less.

My wife & I just purchased our first Jeep. We're in our sixties (we're in great shape and feel much younger than our age), and have always had Blazers, Suburbans or Tahoes our entire marriage (46 years).

We grew up with manual transmissions, but have not owned one in about 25 years. so bought the 06 LJ with 6 speed manual. I forgot how much fun it is to drive a "stick shift"!

It has 33" tires and a 3" body lift. We have ordered parts for an OME SL. And it needs new tires, but will stay with the 33" tire size.

Jeep in excellent condition, has 81k miles on it. We need to put some new seat covers on the stock cloth seat covers. thinking about vinyl, any suggestions?
3" body lift? This I have to see...that's a lot of BL...