Outer Banks

woodmaster58

Just checked off another bucket list thing this summer, over sand driving on the Outer Banks of NC.
Got about 30miles of sand driving and toes in the warm Atlantic, it was an experience in my 06 LJ which I drove 1700 miles round trip from CT.

Oh and now I have a set of deflators and 12v compressor for sale if anyone is thinking of doing it, tons of fun and good food too

Just checked off another bucket list thing this summer, over sand driving on the Outer Banks of NC.
Got about 30miles of sand driving and toes in the warm Atlantic, it was an experience in my 06 LJ which I drove 1700 miles round trip from CT.

Oh and now I have a set of deflators and 12v compressor for sale if anyone is thinking of doing it, tons of fun and good food too

What part did you go to? My wife and I like going to Ocracoke Island, but we’ve been all up and down the OBX coastline. Love getting out on the beach and feeling like no one else is around.

Reactions: MikekiM
The only time my wife has ever been wheeling with me...OBX. She was thrilled to see the horses!

O1rf1zw.jpg

Last edited:

Let see some pics!

The OBX is one of my favorite places. I’ve been going for over 20yrs now, even got married there last summer 😁 started our trips back when I was 5yrs old in an S10, then my dad moved up to an Excursion on 40’s. 20+yrs later here we are, still visiting OBX and still doing it in an Excursion, except it’s me carrying on the tradition now.

8020E13B-F898-4454-9328-FBFBA7F5A07B.jpeg

39722628-B508-4A8C-8C89-F6BB80B21377.jpeg

02787A9F-3585-483C-B793-5AD4C995C287.jpeg

All you yanks coming down and taking over. 😆 ,

I love the OBX. So happy the majority of it is a nature preserve and hasn’t been ruined by stacks of houses and condos like you see in myrtle beach.

Used to go camping as a kid ever summer in Ocracoke. Dreamed of the day I would drive a Jeep on the sand.

Glad you got the chance.

The ferry ride to Cape Lookout is crazy expensive from what I’ve seen. I’ve been wanting to go there for a while now.

The ferry ride to Cape Lookout is crazy expensive from what I’ve seen. I’ve been wanting to go there for a while now.

It certainly isn't cheap. There are two ferry services that will take vehicles out there and they are about 100 our jeeps. Cost goes up for bigger vehicles based on the length. These are small boats that can only hold four vehicles without trailers. It's worth it though. It's beautiful out there.