Overdue Intro

RiverJo

Hello from Charleston, SC! I forgot to do this back when I joined but two months ago I finally joined the Jeep club. For my birthday I bought an 02' Sport with the 4.0L engine and standard transmission. Which also happened to be my first manual transmission vehicle. So the first month of driving my Jeep was interesting lol... I still stall here and there sometimes but other than that I love it. This will be my daily driver while in college, so I won't be doing any big changes to her anytime soon. It has the rear dana 35 with 3.07 gears so I wont be upgrading the tire size anytime soon. Other than that I have learned a lot through this forum and hoping to learn more.
IMG-5226.jpg
IMG-5213.jpg
61352363027--8A1069BC-DBC7-43D5-A122-06CBB64E4B71.JPG
IMG-5292.jpg

Nice rig. First of all, put a license plate, will you?
2nd, spray the underbelly with Fluid Film since you're close to the saltwater.

Not me, I don't really care about that DOT stuff, I ain't haulin' chickens.
Me either, at least unofficially. Just curious how old they are being that tread style has been out of production since about 2014. The new tire is fundamentally better in every way, but I still like the old tread styles looks. Maybe just nostalgia.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and pagrey
Awesome looking TJ, and congrats on the manual. I think it's an important life skill to know how to drive a manual, and having owned both auto and manual TJs, I strongly prefer the manuals.

Reactions: Alex01
Me either, at least unofficially. Just curious how old they are being that tread style has been out of production since about 2014. The new tire is fundamentally better in every way, but I still like the old tread styles looks. Maybe just nostalgia.
Your not alone...i love that tread pattern

Welcome to the forum
and
Welcome to the Manual Gearbox Preservation Society ( TMGPS ) 😉
Looks pretty much untouched,,, well bought.

Not really. It is much easier to get a manual into neutral than it is an auto.
In that case, we can simply put either, a manual or autos, transfer case into neutral right :ROFLMAO: