Overheating of exhaust system

SAT999

Hello. Can anyone tell me the normal operating temperatures at 2.4L of the exhaust system. Measured externally, of the catalyst, of the resonator and of the final resonator. I have some overheating and the temperatures are very high. Measured on the catalyst 380C (720F) Resonator 300C (570F) Last resonator with thermal insulation, at the rear outlet which is not insulated 350C (660F). Someone tell me how the temperature of the exhaust system is.

Did anyone measure the temperature of the exhaust system? It doesn't matter that it's cold outside.

Did anyone measure the temperature of the exhaust system? It doesn't matter that it's cold outside.

Does any of the photos show that this engine runs on a very rich fuel mixture or that there is fuel that leaks and burns after the combustion chamber in the exhaust system.
IMG_4149.JPG
IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4146.JPG

If I get to drive the jeep soon, I'll try to remember to check the temps. But, the cat temp seems okay. What is your temp just after the cat? That will let you know the condition of the cat.

If I get to drive the jeep soon, I'll try to remember to check the temps. But, the cat temp seems okay. What is your temp just after the cat? That will let you know the condition of the cat.

380C (720F) after the cat. Tomorrow I will measure exactly between the collector and the catalyst how many degrees it is.

380C (720F) after the cat. Tomorrow I will measure exactly between the collector and the catalyst how many degrees it is.
380C (720F) after the cat, 370C(700F) before cat. 500F for resonator, 450F for last rezonator, 200F for exit to the exhaust system. I think the temperature at the end of the exhaust system is very high.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Today we removed the exhaust system and installed a straight pipe. There is no difference from the previous situation. The problem is not in the catalysts, which are no more. The exhaust system overheats to 300C (600F) degrees. Has anyone had a similar problem?

The problem is in a very poor fuel mixture. Spark plugs are white. The lambda probe 1 works correctly. I turned off the lambda probe 1 and the car went into emergency mode. The exhaust system temperature dropped from 600F to 500F. This proves my rightness. Diagnostics, nozzle flow measurement, gas analyzer did not show any problems in the work. Compression 10 bar. The injector nozzles work at 3 ml / sec. but the fuel mixture is poor / depleted.

Yesterday we replaced almost all sensors and sensors on the engine, the car was repaired. When you reduced the throttle, the unburned fuel began to explode in the exhaust system. The temperature at the end of the exhaust system remained 300-400F. This morning he finally refused to start the engine. I guess the defect that led to all these problems has finally reached its apogee. I still do not have information from the service, why and what is the reason for the engine to finally stop working.