Overland LJR built to explore and expedition

That sure was one frustrating install day. Hopefully the tummy tuck goes in with less hassle. By the time we get to work on the passenger side we should be pros at installation though.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Regear at Robs on Saturday! Going to try and source the parts for the locker pump relocation Sunday. Ordering Blaine’s brakes this week which should be a good upgrade!

The sem primer isn’t holding on the one slider that’s installed and real zinc chromate isn’t really available here. I’m thinking of getting the parts primer at my powdercoater with an epoxy primer and then painting on top of that. I’m hoping with the fairly durable primer that when I do the color change, it can just be scratched up and painted over like the rest of the vehicle. Thoughts from the paint guys?

Regear at Robs on Saturday! Going to try and source the parts for the locker pump relocation Sunday. Ordering Blaine’s brakes this week which should be a good upgrade!

The sem primer isn’t holding on the one slider that’s installed and real zinc chromate isn’t really available here. I’m thinking of getting the parts primer at my powdercoater with an epoxy primer and then painting on top of that. I’m hoping with the fairly durable primer that when I do the color change, it can just be scratched up and painted over like the rest of the vehicle. Thoughts from the paint guys?

Also I spent the last two weeks on vacation and going around the state. On Friday after leaving joshua tree I drove through Johnson valley just as a lot of KOH traffic was letting out but got to see lots of cool Jeeps all around the place.

Good luck! Hope it goes well.

Morryde / Exogate I believe are the same. I would be very interested in here more feedback to its function. I am planning on running one on my TJ for better access to the rear and honestly in an attempt to avoid the rattles of a fading of the bearings on the bumper mounted spares.

I had it on my previous TJ and now my LJ, honestly I don’t realize it’s there. No sound that I can tell on it, feels sturdy, I don’t have a bad thing to say about it.

Morryde / Exogate I believe are the same. I would be very interested in here more feedback to its function. I am planning on running one on my TJ for better access to the rear and honestly in an attempt to avoid the rattles of a fading of the bearings on the bumper mounted spares.

I have just the morryde hinges on my Jeep (running 32s). They are much more beefier then stock hinges. @Chris had the full exogate and it looked sturdy as hell when I saw it in person. You won't be disappointed.

If they prime it you have a window to topcoat. Most epoxy primers are 72hrs. to topcoat without sanding.

If they prime it you have a window to topcoat. Most epoxy primers are 72hrs. to topcoat without sanding.

Good to know, do you think it’d be fairly easy to color change the piece without re doing it in the future with epoxy primer?

Last edited:
Ready for install day.

Ready for install day.

View attachment 77605
Just in time!

I’m 2 weeks out from my Revolution Regear and all is good. Jeep is running great! I have power. The shop removed the factory coating and ran it 20 miles forward and reverse and said they’re broke in, no need to drive the 500 at 20-25/ drive with cool downs. They said they don’t do anymore than what they did to mine anymore and never have problems.

What ratio?