Overland LJR built to explore and expedition

could I request a picture of your rear tire mounted on exogate. I am wanting to see clearance of the rear bumper and the tire. I am interested in where a 35” sits and for phase two of my build where a 37” will sit. Also are you running the factory tire mount on the exogate or a different one. Thanks!

could I request a picture of your rear tire mounted on exogate. I am wanting to see clearance of the rear bumper and the tire. I am interested in where a 35” sits and for phase two of my build where a 37” will sit. Also are you running the factory tire mount on the exogate or a different one. Thanks!

Jeeps not at home right now but I'll get some pictures when I have it back. I have 33" right now and there isn't much clearance of the tire. However, there is offset brackets which raises the tire to the top and left so a 35" should fit stock bumper no problem (at least with a BL which I have).

I think technically it's only rated up to a 35", I could see putting a 37" on there both size and weight wise being possibly problematic.

See where it mentions up to 35" https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wrangler-lj-2/tj-lj-exogate

Reactions: 73Carlow
Jeeps not at home right now but I'll get some pictures when I have it back. I have 33" right now and there isn't much clearance of the tire. However, there is offset brackets which raises the tire to the top and left so a 35" should fit stock bumper no problem (at least with a BL which I have).

I think technically it's only rated up to a 35", I could see putting a 37" on there both size and weight wise being possibly problematic.

See where it mentions up to 35" https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wrangler-lj-2/tj-lj-exogate
Thanks for the info!

👀

I have a photo on my thread that shows a BFG 33x10.5 on the Exogate with stock carrier: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nk24s-2004-jeep-wrangler-rubicon.17069/post-297149

You’ll definitely need to use the offset brackets for anything larger than 33 with the stock carrier.

I have a photo on my thread that shows a BFG 33x10.5 on the Exogate with stock carrier: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nk24s-2004-jeep-wrangler-rubicon.17069/post-297149

You’ll definitely need to use the offset brackets for anything larger than 33 with the stock carrier.

Thanks that is perfect! I am going to need to modify the stock bracket and try to moving the tire towards the drivers side makes better since to me. I will cut and reweld the stock carrier

I think your in the lead cause our pics are right by each other and ppl are accidentally clicking on your name
Lol that must be it. But, If the photo had @Daryl and I doing our flex shots in the background he would have swept the board.

@tomtaylz do I get anything for taking the photo?

Reactions: Daryl
Lol that must be it. But, If the photo had @Daryl and I doing our flex shots in the background he would have swept the board.

@tomtaylz do I get anything for taking the photo?
How about a red ride of the month banner under your title?

Alex put in my new drive shaft

I’ll be out there Thursday night to help button up the sliders. Then a few tasks and hoping to take it to the exhaust shop on Tuesday where we can really button everything up.

Probably going to have the brakes, new tires and angles/bump stops done by a shop shortly too. I’m just running out of time to DIY and want everything done for a trial run at hollister, so spending a bit (or a lot :cautious:) on labor is probably in my future.

Man it’s hard to even get quotes from places this time of year, I guess ppl are spending their tax $$.

Don't forget about the pump relocation.
20190226_200549.jpg
Still need to run that rear airhose though.

Reactions: tomtaylz