Overland LJR built to explore and expedition

Not to mention you need a new photo for your profile :p

Reactions: tomtaylz
Busy day today

Quickly switched the stock air intake in and passed smog, spent a good amount of time then at the DMV but I have plates!

Installed the new non-dropped pitman arm
A20C251D-5C2D-4BE5-A794-C85A0F3F8B00.jpeg

Went pretty smooth. And then decided to paint my ranchos boots and all. (Shout out to @AOR for getting them shipped super fast)

5A4C5FC4-81D1-4C60-B957-F07029930687.jpeg

E58BFF3C-C822-4DBF-B4DF-78671E3EC336.jpeg

While the paint was drying I quickly installed the blower resister which seems to have fixed my low fan setting not working problem. Lastly after the sun went down got the shocks in.

30CC6963-6EFD-4005-A1D6-B0BB5242140A.jpeg

The paint didn’t do the best job adhering to the dust boot covers. We’ll see if this annoys me in time.

Lastly alignment and centering of the steering wheel.

Drive home the Jeep drives a lot better. It pulls a bit to the left so will have to recheck above work but it is noticeably more smooth (bilsteins on before) and the steering is less dodgy. I’m guessing the tires probably aren’t perfectly balanced, also.

Last edited:
Is there any negative side effects to that? Didn’t know if it was something where if sand got in there it would cause friction or wearing

The boots are actually detrimental. They will collect debris, eventually tear, and promote rust of the shock. The shock piston is self cleaning.

So I had tried to adjust the parking brake to no luck. It was annoying as I live on a hill and was parking on the flat part at the top of the hill.

I took it to my mechanic as I’ll be traveling a lot and would prefer my Jeep being closer to home so my friend can keep an eye on it. Well I found out why my adjusting wasn’t working. Turns out at some point someone removed the parking brake components. I’m having them just put on an after market kit, he was saying the dealer sells springs and things individually and would cost a lot to buy the parts new.

Last edited:
So I had tried to adjust the parking brake to no luck. It was annoying as I live on a hill and was parking on the flat part at the top of the hill.

I took it to my mechanic as I’ll be traveling a lot and would prefer my new being closer to home so my friend can keep an eye on it. Well I found out why my adjusting wasn’t working. Turns out at some point someone removed the parking brake components. I’m having them just put on an after market kit, he was saying the dealer sells springs and things individually and would cost a lot to buy the parts new.

WTF? Why would someone remove your park brake components? Does your jeep have rear disc brakes?

WTF? Why would someone remove your park brake components? Does your jeep have rear disc brakes?

Yep and I have no idea. I didn’t even think to look at that i was just cranking away at the adjuster wondering why nothing was happening hah. I’m hoping the aftermarket parts will be fine but I guess time will tell.

So bizarre! I just adjusted my park brakes over the weekend by adjusting the star adjusters. I wouldn't know what to think if I went to adjust them and all the hardware was missing. That just floors me! I'm guessing that you must have noticed something wasn't right when pulling park brake handle and having no resistance?

So bizarre! I just adjusted my park brakes over the weekend by adjusting the star adjusters. I wouldn't know what to think if I went to adjust them and all the hardware was missing. That just floors me! I'm guessing that you must have noticed something wasn't right when pulling park brake handle and having no resistance?

Yeah exactly, I didn’t think the parts weren’t there though, we cranked down the adjuster under the tub quite a bit and confused why nothing was happening hah

What kit did you order? there isn't much to the park brake system. 2 springs, some retainer clips, adjuster, and, of course, park brake shoes.

What kit did you order? there isn't much to the park brake system. 2 springs, some retainer clips, adjuster, and, of course, park brake shoes.

Not sure, mechanic is going to source parts so probably <insert auto part store brand here>, but that’s what I figured that it was fairly simple, hopefully someone can’t mess it up too much.

Yeah exactly, I didn’t think the parts weren’t there though, we cranked down the adjuster under the tub quite a bit and confused why nothing was happening hah
Well not having the pads really explains why adjusting the brake made no difference. Everything else looked to be in place I didn't even think to look for pads. lol

Did you guys pull the rotor hat off to discover everything was missing?

Didn’t get that far in investigating, too many other things on the checklist for the weekend. My mechanic discovered it this morning and probably thinks I’m the biggest idiot hah