Overland LJR built to explore and expedition

Exogate looks good. So happy I went with one over a bumper mounted tire carrier.

Yeah it’s definitely not exactly straight but on black it’s not really noticeable ;) With the larger taillights it’ll be less noticeable also.

I’ll clean it up more in the future.

Reactions: Chris
I thought only I would notice. Dirt bike, lumber, dog kennel, baby toys, ..... :meparto:
The garage is really becoming a catch all. With the jeep stuck in the middle of it for the last 4 weeks it has got a bit out of hand. Maybe next week I'll finally have some time to straighten things up. That dirt bike hasn't ran in over 3 years. It needs a carb and doesn't even belong to me. I have a crf450 that I ride on occasion but it lives in Tahoe since it's the only place I can find time to ride it.

The garage is really becoming a catch all. With the jeep stuck in the middle of it for the last 4 weeks it has got a bit out of hand. Maybe next week I'll finally have some time to straighten things up. That dirt bike hasn't ran in over 3 years. It needs a carb and doesn't even belong to me. I have a crf450 that I ride on occasion but it lives in Tahoe since it's the only place I can find time to ride it.
Cleaning mine out tomorrow morning. Hauling crap to the dump, and getting rid of stuff I haven’t touched in months. This is my plan anyway haha

Reactions: Alex01
Cleaning mine out tomorrow morning. Hauling crap to the dump, and getting rid of stuff I haven’t touched in months. This is my plan anyway haha
I need to make a dump run and a good will run. It's amazing how much crap piles up.

Reactions: Starrs
I need to make a dump run and a good will run. It's amazing how much crap piles up.
yeah, this. My wife and I went through this...its just the two of us and we have SO MUCH GARBAGE. Makes me sad to think about how much stuff we've bought, just to give it to goodwill (or worse, throw in the garbage). The latest moment was going through our Christmas decorations...unbelievable.

Reactions: Alex01
As my Jeep never came with a third brake light, I took the aev brake light (yay an AEV part) which is a jk parts and spliced it in to the TJ wiring. Looks pretty neat, it’s bright and in a good position even if I get a bigger tire. Might try and attach a camera to it one day for a back up cam.

My bottom lug stripped on me getting off the spare. Going to try and rethread it and hopefully that goes well otherwise I’ll have to replace it. Anyone know the size of the thread and die I would need?

B4730E3E-5D19-4E08-9C5A-082F6043B304.jpeg
1254EA43-34A3-4680-AF90-70E23FB488CC.jpeg

Reactions: ElectricWizard
X2 ^^^, but it would be cheaper to just buy a new axle stud. Not sure how easy or hard it would be to beat in

Reactions: tomtaylz
They are press fit. The shank is knurled.

Ah I tried searching some posts and it looked like it was welded. Got a die set from Harbor Freight it did the trick.

Got all my control arms on to the same size as what was in their previously. They look good! Some (including the very last one I did) one side was really hard to shorten so that added to the fun and how much time it took.

Only photo I had was after assembly which took a bit as I got a mixed box of CA heads and stems.

2B0E902F-F520-4600-8C99-E56CFC873FEA.jpeg

Reactions: Starrs
Ah I tried searching some posts and it looked like it was welded. Got a die set from Harbor Freight it did the trick.

Got all my control arms on to the same size as what was in their previously. They look good! Some (including the very last one I did) one side was really hard to shorten so that added to the fun and how much time it took.

Only photo I had was after assembly which took a bit as I got a mixed box of CA heads and stems.

View attachment 71092
What CA’s did you take off your rig?