Overlanding Camper Build Thread

Testing the Little Buddy Heater that we will use inside the camper. You can see, now, why I used sheet metal on the front wall and the front half of the ceiling. I have the heater offset to one side because my son is worried about being to warm while sleeping and I'm worried about not being warm enough. So, we will use earth magnets to attach a curtain between us and the heater will be on my side! We also each have a floor vent by our heads and a window up high at the back that we can crack open.

Testing Little Buddy Heater.jpg

The campsite we're headed to on the 29th if we don't get too much more snow up there between now and then. It's iffy.

Winter Campsite.jpg

Great build. Would love to have something like this when we head out wheeling or camping.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
I was able to get my little overlanding camper weighed on a certified scale today. I was super pleased to learn that wet, loaded, and ready to travel, it weighs exactly 1100 lbs. So, I would estimate the dry weight at between 900 and 950 lbs. My goal was to keep it under 1000 lbs., dry, so I'm really happy about what it came in at.

Last edited:
I really like the work you did. I have a little 5x8 utility trailer also I don't use much. This makes me wanna build one too, but my wood working skills are not as good as yours!

Super cool behind your TJ.

Very cool build! This is definitely on my list of projects I'd like to do. Thanks for sharing.