P003, P0122, P0528, P0132, and P0158 (could they be related to the cold air intake?)

mscholl21

I just bought a 2002 Sahara. 93000 miles. It looks like the guy cleared the codes before he sold it to me. Now a bunch of codes are popping up. It came with a cold air intake and I'm reading that they could be the source of check engine light. I just picked up a stock intake to replace the CAI to see if that's the problem before I start replacing the oxygen sensors and the cat. The engine does race pretty high.
What are your thoughts on Cold Air Intakes?
Codes so far ...P003, P0122, P0528, P0132, P0158

IMG_6608.png

IMG_6607.png

Last edited:
If I wasn't out of energy/feeling really out of sorts after my 2nd Moderna Covid vaccination 2 days ago I'd post up all kinds of information I just read about several of your codes. Just not enough mental energy to figure out how to compile it all into an easily read response.

Do what I did... use Google to search for "Wrangler P0122" and the rest of your codes too. You'll find a whole bunch of information on all of your codes.

Reactions: Chris
If I wasn't out of energy/feeling really out of sorts after my 2nd Moderna Covid vaccination 2 days ago I'd post up all kinds of information I just read about several of your codes. Just not enough mental energy to figure out how to compile it all into an easily read response.

Do what I did... use Google to search for "Wrangler P0122" and the rest of your codes too. You'll find a whole bunch of information on all of your codes.

I'll do that. Thanks.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
You’re headed in the right direction. Follow Jerry’s advice. Also, get the stock intake on ASAP. Cold air intakes are junk

Nice looking Jeep! Congrats.

The P0003 code is unusual. I have read a description of that code, but not sure what it might mean. Is there an aftermarket throttle body or anything that looks unusual? Share some snaps.

P0122 can mean that the TPS is bad. If you decide to replace, it's always a good idea to buy Mopar as these vehicles can be picky on sensors.

P0528 is unusual because the fan in the 4.0 is belt/clutch driven. Not sure what that could mean.

P0132, P0158 are both O2 related. Since they are wear items, I'd go ahead and replace all of them.

There are many great articles in the How To and TJ Resources sections. Here's one on O2 sensors that you should read before replacing them:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/the-official-jeep-wrangler-tj-oxygen-o2-sensor-thread.4068/

Nice looking Jeep! Congrats.

The P0003 code is unusual. I have read a description of that code, but not sure what it might mean. Is there an aftermarket throttle body or anything that looks unusual? Share some snaps.

P0122 can mean that the TPS is bad. If you decide to replace, it's always a good idea to buy Mopar as these vehicles can be picky on sensors.

P0528 is unusual because the fan in the 4.0 is belt/clutch driven. Not sure what that could mean.

P0132, P0158 are both O2 related. Since they are wear items, I'd go ahead and replace all of them.

There are many great articles in the How To and TJ Resources sections. Here's one on O2 sensors that you should read before replacing them:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/the-official-jeep-wrangler-tj-oxygen-o2-sensor-thread.4068/

I replaced the Intake to stock. No other throttle body. I cleared the codes, so we'll see. Replacing the O2 sensors is my next move if the codes come back. Thank you so much!

Reactions: RMETeeJay